VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Multiple Iu Claim

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I have a claim in for IU which I had finally got my civilian Surgeon write a letter for me stating that I because of my SC Back am unable to obtain gainful employment, also stated that I did infact need the surgery as a result of my back injury while on active duty. I submited this as I appealed the IU denial the first time.

It is now at the raters board here is my problem. Seeing how if they deny my IU appeal it will go into the round file or I appleal it and it takes forever to get it remanded back. Should I put in for tempoary IU for the back surgery I am having next week 3 level lumbar fushion I am told it is a year to recover from the surgery but my wifes job is now in danger again for taking anymore than 2 weeks off after the surgery to help me after the surgery. I am stuck in bed for several weeks at a time and she has really sucking employers so this injury has caused me more than physical pain. We have lost a vehicle with her missing work never able to get caught up after getting behind.

I just wondered if I should put in for the tempoary IU submiting the paperwork from my Doctor telling the VA how long I will be under his care. I also had another surgery last year for a nerve stimulator which had me down for 2 months for my SC back. Just wondering as you all have seen and done it all before. Have a good day..

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why not wait to hear what rater says should not be to long now. I would also submit the medical evidence to support your claim ASAP.

Good Luck

Why not wait to hear what rater says should not be to long now. I would also submit the medical evidence to support your claim ASAP.

Good Luck

Thanks I got a call from an IRIS inquiry (really works thanks Hadit) and was told that they indeed had recivied the letter from the surgeon and the VA rep told me to go ahead and apply for the temp since the surgery is intense and would require up to a year to recouperate so that was why I asked you all. I was also told that my claims file was going to the raters after they finnished up the iris response is this normal for IRIS operations? Adios

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck and hope for a quick and complete recovery from your surgery