VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdrl & Va Pension

Rate this question

oldschoolz

Question

I am almost at the end of my 5 years being on TDRL and they are now getting around to doing my final medical evaluations. My concerns are that I have stabilized due to medications that I have received from the VA and without them my conditions would be more severe. My reevaluations will show of course this progress. I was asked a year ago when TDRL attempted a botched medical attempt that a VA doctor called and said that he wanted me to stop my medications for 48 hours so they could evaluate me? I replied I am on medications for TBI , Migraines, balance disorder and seizures, PTSD and I am also a single parent this would not be the preferred method. I am sure we all know that medication only last for so long and it also causes other organ damage in the long run. Does the TDRL results affect the VA pension & CRSC anyone have major issues upon reevaluation? Should I look for an attorney just in case cause I know the Army screws everything up.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

oldschoolz,

Welcome to Hadit.

I see you actually have several issues you are

having to deal with right now.

I am moving your topic to the Claims Benefits Forum

as it will get seen by more members there.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

your VA compensation is not a VA Pension that term is used for veterans who served in war time that do not have any medical issues and is a small monthly stipend to keep them from being broke they are veterans who usually do not qualify for SS or any other type of income it is normally less than 1000 a month and is offset by any other income

your checks are VA compensation for your injuries and other medical conditions incurred during your service to this nation and your VA compensation is NOT affected by any other income and none of your VA compensation is taxable income EVER and is not reportable as income and is never taxed by any state or the federal government

the terminology in dealing with the government is hard to get used to but you are NOT recieving a VA pension your is an earned benefit you earned it the hard way with body parts thank you for your service

Hi

I was wondering what ever happened to your case? what did the army settle on, and I feel your pain I have been medically retired since 2009 and have not been seen by any Army medical re-evaluation doctor since being put on TDRL last 2009. also have they reduced your CRSC? I just applied and got an award letter this feb2011

I am almost at the end of my 5 years being on TDRL and they are now getting around to doing my final medical evaluations. My concerns are that I have stabilized due to medications that I have received from the VA and without them my conditions would be more severe. My reevaluations will show of course this progress. I was asked a year ago when TDRL attempted a botched medical attempt that a VA doctor called and said that he wanted me to stop my medications for 48 hours so they could evaluate me? I replied I am on medications for TBI , Migraines, balance disorder and seizures, PTSD and I am also a single parent this would not be the preferred method. I am sure we all know that medication only last for so long and it also causes other organ damage in the long run. Does the TDRL results affect the VA pension & CRSC anyone have major issues upon reevaluation? Should I look for an attorney just in case cause I know the Army screws everything up.

The Army is backed up with thousands of cases what ever excuse they give it is what it is. The army finally just completed my TDRL 6 months short of my drop off date with a perm -retirement 90%

No they have not reduced my CRSC from what I know nothing can be changed until the final determination from the board.

Make sure you make all VA appointments and comply with medications. Anytime your not well or feel sick or feel you need a test go and get one done. Keep up with your yearly testing on your own with the VA and private doctors. Be proactive on your own case and keep documents. Anything new medically comes as a result of your injuries make sure its also treated and documented for later submission to the board.

Gip

Hi

I was wondering what ever happened to your case? what did the army settle on, and I feel your pain I have been medically retired since 2009 and have not been seen by any Army medical re-evaluation doctor since being put on TDRL last 2009. also have they reduced your CRSC? I just applied and got an award letter this feb2011