VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Writing A Self Made Letter For Help/guidance

Rate this question

Dave20290

Question

Hey all, thanks for the advice in the past. I would search 'letter' but i get about 1000 listings. I'm 100% sc with 70ptsd and 30iu. My scheduled exam is coming up. I'm not that good at expressing feelings at a moments notice or wanting to recollect things such as that (as most of us). Is it a red flag to bring in a letter I currently wrote about my recent days experiences to help me. I just don't know if its a big no no or not. I realistically think they would not take it and read it? Any experiences with anyone in the past doing this? Thanks everyone

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey all, thanks for the advice in the past. I would search 'letter' but i get about 1000 listings. I'm 100% sc with 70ptsd and 30iu. My scheduled exam is coming up. I'm not that good at expressing feelings at a moments notice or wanting to recollect things such as that (as most of us). Is it a red flag to bring in a letter I currently wrote about my recent days experiences to help me. I just don't know if its a big no no or not. I realistically think they would not take it and read it? Any experiences with anyone in the past doing this? Thanks everyone

uhhh, why are you having this "exam" (why are you having t, and what's it for?)?

• HadIt.com Elder

No reason why you can't take something in writing with you to help you remember and to help you commnicate. My Primary Care doc speaks Hindu, I speak Yiddish and we both go by what my wife's "notes" tell us to do!

I always bring notes, because like you said it is difficult to remember everything. I have also heard of people keeping a diary/journal of daily issues. I started this about a year ago in preparation for my BVA appeal that might happen one of these years! Do you have recent progress notes from VA psych visits? If you have copies of those and they show that your condition remains the same or is getting worse. They could also be helpful. I know that the VA has access to them, but don't depend on them to look at them. The right hand of the VA never knows what the left hand is doing. Good luck!