VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Permanent Damage/disability

Rate this question

81150 CAFB

Question

I don't know if this is the right palce to post this but everone on here has been so helpful wherever I post. Just findind out that I probably have permanent sciatic nerve damage and my back is trash. It is finally starting to hit me that I will never be the same again. I am pretty young (relative) and this reality is becoming hard to come to grips with. I am not talking about VA disability ratings at this point because that isn't going to change the fact that I am really disabled - maybe they will rate me 70% + or maybe 20% and denials, but I will still be messed up. I know a lot of people on this site have gone through this and live with it every day and how do you deal with it? I am trying to just adjust my thinking that I will never be able to to certain things or if I do anything above normal I will pay for it with pain. Just looking for some good advice on how so many of you deal with you disability.

Hope this makes sense.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

"When they told me I was going 3/4 they said all benefits would stay like a full time employee but just cut down to 3/4 (vacation etc...)."

Get it in writing...