VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Fraud

Rate this question

Ol'Man

Question

:D :D :angry::angry: :o :D :rolleyes: :D

Just read on VA Watchdog where many "veterans" are lying about stressors in order to claim benefits. I was a Dog Handler in Nam "70" - "71", 101st 47th IPSD. Tried for several years to get SR benefits for injuries and PTSD received while overseas but always got the same old story....WE NEED PROOF OF STRESSORS. Now after almost 40 years and many sleepless nights and nightmares, failed relationships, going from job to job, etc., I'm finally coming to terms with my past "life". I'm close to receiving benefits for Dabetes II and anxiety disorder, the latter not PTSD because I don't believe the "examiner" did his homework. My question is, am I going to have trouble with PTSD claim because only one out of three of my stressors was documented. The other 2 are true but were buried due to the nature. Can we say "cover-up" ? Been waiting for 2 months now for decision. I know I will have to file a NOD but am not letting the VA screw me again.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck and there are always idiots who claim PTSD is a fraud. The VA can sort it out even though they take their sweet time.

Rather than trying to fake PTSD it would probably be easier for Vets to show other types of legitimate service connected injuries.

• HadIt.com Elder
:D :D :angry::angry: :o :D :rolleyes: :D

Just read on VA Watchdog where many "veterans" are lying about stressors in order to claim benefits. I was a Dog Handler in Nam "70" - "71", 101st 47th IPSD. Tried for several years to get SR benefits for injuries and PTSD received while overseas but always got the same old story....WE NEED PROOF OF STRESSORS. Now after almost 40 years and many sleepless nights and nightmares, failed relationships, going from job to job, etc., I'm finally coming to terms with my past "life". I'm close to receiving benefits for Dabetes II and anxiety disorder, the latter not PTSD because I don't believe the "examiner" did his homework. My question is, am I going to have trouble with PTSD claim because only one out of three of my stressors was documented. The other 2 are true but were buried due to the nature. Can we say "cover-up" ? Been waiting for 2 months now for decision. I know I will have to file a NOD but am not letting the VA screw me again.

Does your DD214, list CIB in the awards section?

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Having PTSD sucks, your life is a living hell, so you have to take meds. Than no one really believes you. Everyone is trying to heal you. They tell you that your fine and should get a job, then the same people make snide comments about you like he (or she) is crazy, or he could snap. No one wants you to work for or with them, and then they want to accuse people of commiting fraud to get benefits and help.

I'm close to receiving benefits for Dabetes II and anxiety disorder, the latter not PTSD because I don't believe the "examiner" did his homework.

OlMan - with getting SC'd for anxiety disorder, this does not need to have a stressor verification.

The doc will have to relate it to something from AD - or secondary to an already SC'd disability.

My question is, am I going to have trouble with PTSD claim because only one out of three of my stressors was documented. The other 2 are true but were buried due to the nature.

OlMan - All VA needs to help get SC'd for PTSD is ONE stressor verified.

If you claiming the other two stressors (you only need one) are buried due to being

classified - that shouldn't be any problem for VA to verify.

When it comes to classified information the JRSCC or whatever is supposed to declassify

anything needed when it comes to granting a veteran their benefits.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing with the VA is if you complain about some SC mental health problem they assume you are talking about PTSD. They then begin the process of guiding you towards that path when it may be a dead end for you. I never claimed PTSD. I had a in-service MH disorder that was very well documented. Even so the VA somehow got the idea I was asking for an increase for PTSD. This caused problems. I set them straight before it went too far. I was SC'ed for PTSD anyway via a rating decision.

If the VA says in a rating decision that you have PTSD then I guess you have it. Maybe vets are claiming PTSD but that is a big mistake unless they have it.

My husband was SC'ed for generalised anxiety neurosis disprder???? What ever that means, after fifteen years fighting, we finally relaised not everything had been sent from the national personal records. In it was a letter of commendation from one of his CO's which explained his position as leading ambush poatrols in vietnam. We submitted this as new and material evidence and he was awarded 50% PTSD appealed got 70% appeal again adn got 100%. So it can be done. SC'ed mental disabilities no matter what they are can by you time until the evidence can be found, as in our case.