VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Practitioner Choice For An Imo

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

I have found two practitioners who are willing to do an IMO. One is affiliated with a counselor (non MD non Phd) whose name was given to me by my vet rep and who have experience with doing the IMOs and apparently getting results, probably mostly for PTSD. The person I would be working with is an associate of hers but the person recommended by my rep would be helping her write the report. This would cost around $200 or so, possible multiple visits.

The only other person I found in the area is an MD/psych in a chain who has told me through his nurse that he 'can do what I need' - for $400 up front.

Both these choices might be ok, I am just gun shy of making the wrong decision after getting my VA denial. It was on April 31, so I don't know how quickly I have to act, I've been hearing within 30 days is best. My rep and I have gone forward with an NOD and request for a de novo exam. It really was poorly done and neglected obvious evidence in my active duty record.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

bump

carlie,

A couple more "bumps" like ours and purty soon we gonna have us a rough road outta Eden.

just sayin........................ :)

Slangpdx, I found an outside Psychiatrist (Non VA) that charged me $1250.00 for a letter for the Social Security and VA Part (Now I have been seeing him every three months for the last 4 + years too). So to me $400.00 doesn't sound as bad. Of course I had an outside PCP that did a better letter for no charge. The Doctors think that if you can afford to hire an Attorney then they also want some of the pie. They are so afraid that you are going to leave them and not be a paying customer anymore. The Psychiatrist I am talking about charges $100 for an office visit and doesn't take any insurance at all. Payment is by cash or check only! No Credit Cards even. I found another Psychiatrist that is taking my case in Jun and he does take my BC&BS. I will definately dump the one that likes CASH only! There is a shortage of Mental Health Professionals in my area and they are taking advantage of the fact. BigDan.