VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

Bob-e

Question

If as a boy I had witnessed my little brother drown (CPR resuscitated) in the family pool then as an adult I witnessed one of my classmates in SAR school drown (Oxygen bottle resuscitated). The SAR drowning exacerbated the earlier PTSD from childhood. Does that fall under the purview of the law?

Also, as a Navy whistle-blower in 1985., when the US Navy branded, slandered and libeled me publicly in the press, and in the very halls of Congress while I testified to Congress about the $320,000,000 fraud, waste and abuse on the USS Kitty Hawk. The mental trauma I received prior to that from being thrown into the streets with seventy-two days left on active duty, without any support from the Navy, made me feel as abandoned as Chuck Connors in the television show Branded™. Being branded, and drummed out of service, and then having the VA turn its back on me since 1993, has left me twenty-five years later with Dysthymia, MDD, PTSD and Panic Attacks.

I am not in good health and am mentally and 100% physically permanently disabled. I went to the VA last week for a meeting with my third psychiatrist in five months. Yeah, one part assembly-line socialized medicine, one part shuffle the buck and the final piece - having my psychologist insult me multiple times.

Anyway, I had a melt down and yelled at the new psychiatrist, which turns out is NOT a good way to let off anger. Of course, until the VA approves my service connected, and service caused claim, the shrinks can't actually talk with me about what is causing my mental problems and anguish - Catch-22.

They almost admitted me - that scares me. My wife was there and assured them just because I yelled doesn't make me dangerous. I was just pissed-off about be pissed-on by the VA.

I just want fair and legal compensation, and treatment, so I can have an opportunity to once again see happiness in the world - instead, of hidden threats from ghostly foes.

Please read my blog if you want to know more: http://cid-5d732de5984e829c.profile.live.com/

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should get a DX of PTSD from a private shrink MD. The VA does not really give that much weight to what a counselor at a Vet Center says. My Vet Center counselor wrote a report saying I had "chronic and severe PTSD". The VBA ignored that and said I had schizoprenia. Now if I had schizophrenia I don't think I could funtion well enough to have won my claim, but I got IU so it does not matter what these asses say. Besides the aliens tell me what to do since they put the little computer cell in my neck and I am very happy, Earthings.

• HadIt.com Elder
YEAH! Dat's it. "Vet Centers".

psssst! hey bob do ya think i outta go to one of them, could they help me with 'memberin' "stuff".............?

You member real good LarryJ. Thank you for your soyvis...

Edited by Commander Bob

Commander Bob,

Thank you. I will continue to battle the VA until I receive the compensation and treatment for the mental injuries I received with my military service.

P.S. If you know of anyone in the press who might be interested in the story please give them my blog. I do believe it is important that if America wants people in the military to report fraud, waste and abuse of taxdollars, then the service members must know what will happen to them. I am that beacon of warning to all people in the military - WALK away and keep your mouth shut because your nation willnot support you.

That may not be the "pretty" statement that is "officially" told to them - but that is the reality I have learned. The biggest trigger for my PTSD is when I read stories of KBR, Halliberton and other military industrial coprortions committing "BILLIONS" of $$$ in F,W & A. The Navy did not want to implement the program I used to discover all of the crimes because once the "little" guy who is at the end of the supply chain knows how to balance his books, the funny money games played by the Pentagon to fund black-book programs will be squeezed closed.

It is hard to steal money from someone who has both hands on their wallet.

Thank you for your post and any help you can muster my way.

Bob-e

Welcome aboard Bob-e... I have read several entries in your journal. Thank you for your service. You are not alone.

Best regards.

• HadIt.com Elder
You should get a DX of PTSD from a private shrink MD. The VA does not really give that much weight to what a counselor at a Vet Center says. My Vet Center counselor wrote a report saying I had "chronic and severe PTSD". The VBA ignored that and said I had schizoprenia. Now if I had schizophrenia I don't think I could funtion well enough to have won my claim, but I got IU so it does not matter what these asses say. Besides the aliens tell me what to do since they put the little computer cell in my neck and I am very happy, Earthings.

Good Morning John999.. :) :ph34r: :ph34r: Thanks for the laugh!!

I know I'm off topic here.....I hope your foot is doing better today?

Bob-e,

Very little of the information contained in the blog you continue to refer to, will ever be applied

and factored into the adjudication of your claim for VA disability compensation benefits.

In regards to SC of VA disability claims issues - all that will be relevant is your medical evidence

and the regs in 38 CFR.

IMO, when you continue to combine all of the information contained in your publications regarding

the "whistle-blowing" actions, versus getting disabilities granted for service connection, it will

only result in the continuation of negative rating decisions.

A simple statement to VBA from you, saying something to the effect of

I feel the denial of SC for my claims of disabilities by the VA, is a form of retaliation from the

"whistle-blowing" actions, I reported on active duty.

I feel it needs to be very brief as stated above and the main thing you will need to do

is concentrate on your medical evidence and the regs in 38 CFR.

Then you must concentrate on supportive medical evidence regarding your claim issues

while rebutting any medical evidence that is detrimental to your claim issues.

I don't see your claim issues getting SC'd without the medical evidence relating the PTSD

to active duty, perhaps by way of the assault.

As I said earlier - there for sure is no way at all that I could see PTSD ever SC'd

as secondary to Tinnitus, as was addressed in other postings.

jmho,

carlie

I am out in Oregon. The VA has opened some new vet centers, one of which in Hillsboro, OR is withing ten minutes drive from my house - or a one hour bus ride (bus schedules bad). The vet center has "opened" and Intake section at that clinic.

In January I had a mental meltdown while at the VA vet center. I was being seen by my primary care practitioner. I think I freaked her, and myself, out. From her I went to see the VA social worker.

The next day I went back and was seen by the VA staff psychiatrist who does the "intake" interviews. That shrink is the one that diagnosed the PTSD, MDD, Dysthymia, and Panic Attacks. She wanted to put me in the VA mental hospital. My wife and I talked her out of doing that and she let me go home. She let me go home because I have do not have any guns in my house and I am not a candidate for suicide - even though 95% of people with Dysthymia do commit suicide.

Another side effect of the Dysthymia is the long term depression plays hell on the body and mind. I know I need help. I continue to go the the VA although in five months of going I have not even been allowed to talk about the issues. It seems the VA doesn't want to give me actual counseling on "what" caused the mental injuries and instead wants to have me listen to tapes and take anger management counseling. Catch-22. The shrink won't talk to me about the feelings of abandonment, anger and humiliation connected to blowing the whistle because that would in effect "ADMIT" the tort the US Government committed upon me 25 years ago. So I get tutti-fruitti tapes to listen to.

So, I am writing President Obama and General Shinseki to see if I can enlist their help. It would seem to me if the VA is paying board certified psychiatrists to make diagnosis then the VA ought to accept their own doctors. If not, and this is one of my triggers... it is a waste of the taxpayers' money to pay them. How stupid is it that the VA (Compensation) does not accept its own psychiatrists diagnosis's. Due to the PTSD, I have a LOW tolerance to bullshit.

The other side of course is that somewhere down the road I can add those letters to the blog-to-book; along with the rest of the paper-trail. I am doing my best to warn others in the military NOT to stand-up and blow the whistle of F,W & A while on active duty - no one should have to face what I have, and still am, going through.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Bob-e