VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

Bob-e

Question

If as a boy I had witnessed my little brother drown (CPR resuscitated) in the family pool then as an adult I witnessed one of my classmates in SAR school drown (Oxygen bottle resuscitated). The SAR drowning exacerbated the earlier PTSD from childhood. Does that fall under the purview of the law?

Also, as a Navy whistle-blower in 1985., when the US Navy branded, slandered and libeled me publicly in the press, and in the very halls of Congress while I testified to Congress about the $320,000,000 fraud, waste and abuse on the USS Kitty Hawk. The mental trauma I received prior to that from being thrown into the streets with seventy-two days left on active duty, without any support from the Navy, made me feel as abandoned as Chuck Connors in the television show Branded™. Being branded, and drummed out of service, and then having the VA turn its back on me since 1993, has left me twenty-five years later with Dysthymia, MDD, PTSD and Panic Attacks.

I am not in good health and am mentally and 100% physically permanently disabled. I went to the VA last week for a meeting with my third psychiatrist in five months. Yeah, one part assembly-line socialized medicine, one part shuffle the buck and the final piece - having my psychologist insult me multiple times.

Anyway, I had a melt down and yelled at the new psychiatrist, which turns out is NOT a good way to let off anger. Of course, until the VA approves my service connected, and service caused claim, the shrinks can't actually talk with me about what is causing my mental problems and anguish - Catch-22.

They almost admitted me - that scares me. My wife was there and assured them just because I yelled doesn't make me dangerous. I was just pissed-off about be pissed-on by the VA.

I just want fair and legal compensation, and treatment, so I can have an opportunity to once again see happiness in the world - instead, of hidden threats from ghostly foes.

Please read my blog if you want to know more: http://cid-5d732de5984e829c.profile.live.com/

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

DAV is still opposed to lawyers representing vets. They have some service where the DAV will get lawyers for certain vets for free. Anything to get their bitter foes away from the money tree. Most join the VSO's for representation. They always tell you that if you become a life member your representation will be better, Hah!

• HadIt.com Elder

John remember my years long fiasco the people at the service desk told me I owed the DAV a life membership after they got me my 100% BS they had NOTHING to do with my claim being awarded they fought me tooth and nail to stop my cardiac claim and wanted me to start over with a 10% hypertension claim I will be damned before I give them a few hundred dollars I was a shop steward for NALC I beleieve in unions and to me Service organizations are basically unions for veterans but they do not deliver what they pretend to promise join and we will treat you better BS they treat everyone the same lousy

as a area shop steward I fired union reps for short changing scabs on representation if they got away with messing over scabs then the union dues paying members were fair game for their little games I believed in stopping it all upfront and quick wether the craft employee was a union paying member or not the word got around quicl in my area of Branch 1100 don't mess with Bailey he plays hardball