VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

3 Ao Presumptives Published ?

Rate this question

vperl

Question

Someone needs to check this out...

Canton Daily Ledger Posted May 03, 2010 @ 05:56 PM LEWISTOWN — On Oct. 13, 2009, the secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced his decision to establish presumption of service connection for three additional illnesses (Parkinson's disease, ischemic heart disease, and B cell leukemia) associated with Agent Orange/herbicide exposure in Vietnam.

On March 25, 2010, the VA published a proposed regulation in the Federal Register as part of the process to implement the decision to add those three diseases to the list of presumptive conditions related to Agent Orange/herbicide exposure.

The final regulation will affect a large number of Vietnam veterans, estimated to be at least 200,000 veterans.

"This is an important step forward in ensuring that Vietnam veterans are justly compensated for the adverse effects suffered by exposure to Agent Orange during their service to our country," said Andy Fyffe, superintendent of Fulton County Veterans Assistance Commission, in a press release.

Veteran service officers should file presumptive claims now for these conditions without waiting for the completion of the regulation process, the press release from Fyffe added. Filing these claims prior to the publication of the final regulation is important for effective purposes and it also allows VA to start the claims development process (conducting VA examinations, requesting supporting evidence, etc.) to allow for timely adjudication once the final regulation has been published.

Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation (VA&R) staff are in the process of reviewing the proposed regulation for public comment. A more detailed VA&R Bulletin containing effective date and other information will be issued following the publication of the final regulation.

In the meantime, direct questions or concerns to Ian de Planque, assistant director for Claims Service, VA&R, at ideplanque@legion.org or (202) 263-5762 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 263-5762 end_of_the_skype_highlighting; or contact the Fulton County Veterans Assistance office at 309-547-7262 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 309-547-7262 end_of_the_skype_highlighting for a copy of the official bulletin released by the VA.

Also, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has issued a warning in American Legion Bulletin 16-10 to veterans not to disclose personal information over the phone to callers claiming to update, confirm, or verify VA-related information.

VA reports the fraudulent caller's mode of operation include asking for credit card numbers, bank routing number, and other personal and financial information. A recent fraudulent call reported by a veteran included the caller claiming to be a VA employee and stating that the veteran's medical card had expired. The caller would then ask the veteran to submit a check over the phone to renew the medical card.

VA warns to be leery of any call originating from (888) 555-1234 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (888) 555-1234 end_of_the_skype_highlighting for it is the number identified in the case above.Veterans with questions about VA services should contact the Veterans Administration at (877) 222-8387 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (877) 222-8387 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or their nearest VA medical center.

The Fulton County VAC office is located at 132 N. Adams St., Lewistown.

Copyright 2010 Canton Daily Ledger. Some rights reserved Ahttp://www.cantondailyledger.com/news/x1540368784/VA-publishes-proposed-Agent-Orange-presumption-regulation-for-conditions-warns-veterans-about-fraudulent-callers

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

My claim for AO IHD was all finished and put on hold till they can start awarding the claims, the process for myclaim started 26Oct2009 and all evidence and C&P done in January 2010......

Good luck to us all at 325 dead a day.....

That is a

holocaust. of RVN Vets......

So much for rushing around getting this on the Federal Register and shorting the comments period to 30 days instead of 60 or 90......Just as ALWAYS.....the Vietnam Vets are left sucking the hind tit....What happened to putting this on TOP PRIORITY.....Yep, just hope I'm still around but that could be doubtful with my MAJOR "ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE" and also the possibility of having Multiple Myeloma as well...Presently being tested for it NOW by the VA......BUT rest assured my WIFE knows all there is to know on DIC....I have made sure that....So MR. VA, you might screw me but you WILL NOT screw my wife....

TBI regs took 13 months to become law-and in testimony McFetridge said this was Top Priorty treatment of the proposed TBI regs.

IHD- that s different. While TBI could perhaps cause residuals that would contribute to a vet's death- obviously IHD could cause a death that comes sooner.

I feel that the Veterans community has to do something they didnt do when the VA developed the past AO presumptive regs- they have to

contact this guy and ANYONE ELSE such as the Disability Committee of H VAC as well as CHairman FIlner- and tell them that they don't have time to pay the waiting game!

"you got your information “straight from the horse’s mouth.”

He is right about that- he runs this show- but then again there are thousand of 'horses' out there he has not heard from yet.

Many of the comments at the Federal Register site were 'thank yous' for these 3 new regs-

now is the time to get the regs moving faster than this letter suggests.

or at least trying to.

Abooger said:

"BUT rest assured my WIFE knows all there is to know on DIC"

Good! I hope she doesn't need that info and that you attain your proper SC in your lifetime.

My AO death claim took 7 years.

CLL AO regs took about 9 months and DMII took about 7 months from IOM study results to the publication of the actual final regs.

The procedures for making these proposed regs the actual controlling 38 law are found in the Agent Orange Act of 1991 (Public Law 102-4)

I think AO vets have to give some input to VA C & P on speeding this all up.

Thanks for the contact info abooger.

Followed this process very closely from it's inception to the present state. July 2009 IOM notifies Secretary, Secretary makes announcement October 13, 2009. The proposed regulation sat with the VA until the end of December when it was referred and recieved at OMB and sat there until March 2010, and violated the 210 day period for publication. Then it moved ahead when the lawsuit was threatened. Now I read where another OMB review period of 60 to 90 days applies, it already sat there for 60 days. Plus the possibility of a Congressional review. I read the okie dok letter from the Office of General Council, have alerted NVLSP regarding this abortion, and hopefully they will help the pathetic dribble in the VA remember their Duty to Assist responsibility as well as expeditiously reconcile any legal disparities in the Veterans favor. Don't need any fat chance that will happen comments from the forum which usually flow freely from a select few who delight in insidious comments. Those comments should be made to the peckerw--ds in DC.

What they have done is pushed the date up and people like myself who retracted secondary conditions to IHD from their claims so that they would flow quickly are now forced to file for valid secondary conditions or lose that right because a year will have passed. Another flood of legitimate claims are going to flop at their door.

Horses Mouth or Horses _____?

30% PTSD Awarded after 44 years, 60% IHD stacked and all elements completed pending resolution of this fiasco!

I will go against the "fat Chance" remark and double down on the "Cold Day in Hell" principle

Followed this process very closely from it's inception to the present state. July 2009 IOM notifies Secretary, Secretary makes announcement October 13, 2009. The proposed regulation sat with the VA until the end of December when it was referred and recieved at OMB and sat there until March 2010, and violated the 210 day period for publication. Then it moved ahead when the lawsuit was threatened. Now I read where another OMB review period of 60 to 90 days applies, it already sat there for 60 days. Plus the possibility of a Congressional review. I read the okie dok letter from the Office of General Council, have alerted NVLSP regarding this abortion, and hopefully they will help the pathetic dribble in the VA remember their Duty to Assist responsibility as well as expeditiously reconcile any legal disparities in the Veterans favor. Don't need any fat chance that will happen comments from the forum which usually flow freely from a select few who delight in insidious comments. Those comments should be made to the peckerw--ds in DC.

What they have done is pushed the date up and people like myself who retracted secondary conditions to IHD from their claims so that they would flow quickly are now forced to file for valid secondary conditions or lose that right because a year will have passed. Another flood of legitimate claims are going to flop at their door.

Horses Mouth or Horses _____?

30% PTSD Awarded after 44 years, 60% IHD stacked and all elements completed pending resolution of this fiasco!

Suggest you refer to Veterans Benifits Forum, AO Forum and read post 5-14-10 by LULA. It is a letter from the Secretaries office explaining the current status of the final regulation and a possible secondary process. It is entitled "Response to my E-mail to Secretary of the VA. It made my day.