VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Ptsd Compensation Claim Examination

Rate this question

Bob-e

Question

I received the letter, followed by a phone call. I have an appointment to see the psychologist on the 18'th of May.

I am going to meet with the county VSO the day before and have asked the VSO for a statement from him about the emotional and mental state I have been in when we have met. I would hope his notes about PTSD, panic attack, MDD, and Dysthymia will help to raise my service connected disability from 10% for tinnitus to 100% for PTSD. The county doesn't allow the VSO to go with the vet to the VA exam. The letter is the best I can probably do - or should I ask the VSO for something else?

Should I tell the shrink that last month I had no money and the State of Oregon, Veterans Services Office paid my rent and utilities? Does that matter? I can't function and have not brought any money in the door in five months. I am on the waiting list for food stamps.

I have filed my social security disability but they told me it will be six months before anything is determined. Does that help with the VA claim, should I mention it?

The VA has already sent me to its Voc-Rehab and there were no jobs I could do today due to physical and mental disabilities. Does that matter? The VA already have all of my medical records because I use it as my primary. Have been using it for the last six years. Does this guy I'm meeting need this information or is that another part of the VA... and WHY can't the fools just talk to each other?

I plan on creating a list of bullet statements on such things as my daily life and how PTSD affects me (IE. isolation, anger, panic attacks, loss of sleep, fear, memory loss, etc). Should I write a book - or will bullet points be Okay?

I am going to try and keep it together. The last visit I had on May 3,2010, I yelled at my new psychiatrist and then had a break from reality. The shrink was going to admit me but I asked for my wife and she helped bring me back to a point where I knew where I was. That was the first time I have lost touch with reality - should I ask for my new shrink to send his notes or does the VA already have access to that?

I am scared. Seventeen years ago I did this interview with a sub-contracted VA shrink, picked by the VA, and he said I didn't have PTSD. This time I have done my homework, as much as I could with flaming PTSD.

Oh, last question. Does the exam letter mean the VA has accepted the "stressor" or is that a battle I have to continue to fight?

Any help or wisdom is appreciated.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The veterans centers have all sorts of help, one just has to be ready for getting help.

During all the months you wait, get help.

Oh, last question. Does the exam letter mean the VA has accepted the "stressor" or is that a battle I have to continue to fight?

Any help or wisdom is appreciated.

Bob-e,

VBA will most likely NOT READ more than about 10 percent of what

I think you will write.

This is your "last question" but IMO it is the MOST IMPORTANT question.

No, the letter in no way means that VA has conceded your stressor.

Step 1 - is to get SC granted.

Step 2 & 3 - is percentage and effective date.

Without first meeting the challenge of Step 1 - Steps 2 & 3 are not even relevant yet.

jmho,

carlie

Thank you for the help.

So I still need to fight the VA on Primo stangling me being the stressor. I will call my VSO and see if he can find out if the stressor has been approved.

I will call Senator Merkley's office again and see if I can get his office to help me. I took your advice and sent in my appeal about denial connected to retribution for blowing the whistle. I sent it to the VA Comp side, and also included the medical side. I want to make sure my PTSD shrink knows what is going on, same for my primary doctor. I also sent a copy of the appeal directly to General Shinseki's office. And, I aslo sent a copy of the appeal to President Obama. Why not, can't hurt.

This comp shrink is going to interview me. I was diganosed five months ago by a VA psychiatrist MD, with PTSD, MDD, Panic Attack, Dysthymia. She gave me a GAF of 45. since then I have mentally gone down hill. Seems like a waste of money and time if the VA has not approved my stressor - why would they do the comp exam? I guess that is just the VA.

Thank you

Bob-e,

VBA will most likely NOT READ more than about 10 percent of what

I think you will write.

This is your "last question" but IMO it is the MOST IMPORTANT question.

No, the letter in no way means that VA has conceded your stressor.

Step 1 - is to get SC granted.

Step 2 & 3 - is percentage and effective date.

Without first meeting the challenge of Step 1 - Steps 2 & 3 are not even relevant yet.

jmho,

carlie

I have PTSD. The vet center is where I go. Then I was transferred to a shrink at the main hospital. When I was at the shrink at the vet center all he wanted to do was tuttie-frutie new age music. He never wanted to talk with me about the "STRESSOR"?

The VA may give me counseling - but the counseling they are providing me is about as useless as telling a woman to go anger mangagment classes because she was raped. do you really think she is going to get better if no one talks to her about why she is angry or what happened - just give her pills and pass her along to the next person. That is how I feel. I don't know if other vets have the RAGE I do, but since I was a Navy whistleblower there are not many people like me in the United States - still alive.

Thank you for your post. I am trying to do this as best I can. I feel abandoned and alone. I am scared and for the last two months I can't stop crying, I wasn't raised to cry.

Thank you for your time and help.

Bob-e

The veterans centers have all sorts of help, one just has to be ready for getting help.

During all the months you wait, get help.

I already had an exam in January with a VA psychiatrist and she gave me a GAF of 45, and wanted to put me in the VA hospital - in January.

This meeting on 5/18/10, is a C & P exam.

I have gone downhill since January. On May 3, 2010, I had a melt down while in my new psychiatrists office. It was embarassing since it was out FIRST meeting. I'm not sure what happened? I yelled at him, "How can the VA not understand how getting strangled by a thief you were blowing the whistle-on would cause the DSM-IV stressor. That is the "official" stressor that I am using because it happened and as reported worldwide in the press. I thought it would be a "slam-dunk" form of proof. The VA not recognizing the stressor causes me to experience a RAGE inside that is tearing me body apart and causing me serious health issues.

Thank you for your time and help.

Bob-e

Is this a C&P exam or just a visit with a psychologist?