VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Do Va Disability Claims Take Once At Rating Rep?

teejay53

Question

i called st paul, mo for an update last week and was told by a veteran rep that my dic claim was not at the rater as of yet, it was following the regular process and had been sent to the va long beach medical center for an opinion, however ... 2 weeks ago i called about 10 days ago and another rep told me it already was at the rater with no further information needed.

i am so confused, i would appreciate it if anyone can give me any insite as too possibly how long the rating stage of my claim takes and if the veteran reps read the same same notes, why their answers are different.

seems i can not get the same answers from any va reps.

just call me "confused",

thank you for your imput.

:o

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

i called st paul, mo for an update last week and was told by a veteran rep that my dic claim was not at the rater as of yet, it was following the regular process and had been sent to the va long beach medical center for an opinion, however ... 2 weeks ago i called about 10 days ago and another rep told me it already was at the rater with no further information needed.

i am so confused, i would appreciate it if anyone can give me any insite as too possibly how long the rating stage of my claim takes and if the veteran reps read the same same notes, why their answers are different.

seems i can not get the same answers from any va reps.

just call me "confused",

thank you for your imput.

:o

I'm assuming that you called the #1-800 number. They cannot/do not give accurate info. If you want to know what's going on call the # 1-800 number and ask for an "inquiry," about the specific claim. The people handling your case will call you in 1-2 weeks, and then you can find out what's going on. I had to do this recently for a request for an EED, when the # 1-800 number people told me the claim was "closed." The inquiry was answered within a week and I got accurate info.

Hope this helps,

Bergie