VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get Declared Unable To Work

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am told that I should be considered unemployable due to the symptoms of my ptsd but I didn't see that anywhere in my medical records. How do I go about discussing this with my therapist or should I say how do I go about getting to her say I cannot work. I have ptsd and am most days not able to leave home. When I do I am nervous to the point of not being functionable. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

CM Burns is not service connected for PTSD but has a diagnosis for Bipolar2 from a VA Doc. This gets very confusing especially when the question is reposted.

To get SSD you are going to have to jump through their hoops your medical records with VA can help your claim.

You have a long way to go as I see it to get PTSD Service Connection. I an other Members recommended using you bipolar diagnosis as it is much easier to win Service Connection than jump through all the hoops of PTSD.

Good Luck

In case there is some confusion I am posting to CM Burns and also inviting Members to comment. We are here to help Veterans with claims and she is already 50% with 8 ratings.

CM Burns is not service connected for PTSD but has a diagnosis for Bipolar2 from a VA Doc. This gets very confusing especially when the question is reposted.

To get SSD you are going to have to jump through their hoops your medical records with VA can help your claim.

You have a long way to go as I see it to get PTSD Service Connection. I an other Members recommended using you bipolar diagnosis as it is much easier to win Service Connection than jump through all the hoops of PTSD.

Good Luck

In case there is some confusion I am posting to CM Burns and also inviting Members to comment. We are here to help Veterans with claims and she is already 50% with 8 ratings.

Didn't realize the question was reposted and I am not familiar with CM Burns...I will attempt to pay closer attention before posting a response to a redundant topic. Sorry.

T.S.

Yakima, right ?

Didn't realize the question was reposted and I am not familiar with CM Burns...I will attempt to pay closer attention before posting a response to a redundant topic. Sorry.

T.S.

my claim is still pending. I am trying to find out for my ptsd what circumstances need to be in place for my doctor to write me a letter saying I am unable to work due to my symptoms. they do cause me to most of the time not be able to leave even though I am medicated. I am not sure if that enough or what else there needs to be. That is what I want to find out.

thnx in advance for you help

Sir I have never had a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. You must have been misinformed. I have a diagnosis of depression and PTSD MST thnx

Good Luck

I did repost and apologize. I was not sure where the question belonged. I am not talking about tdui just a letter from my physician stated they fell i cannot work due to my symptoms. This is the problem I am having but i dont have a doctor saying that for purposes of either of my cliams.

Thnx for your help and patience.