VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Reopen Denied Ptsd In 2006

Rate this question

Brother Gate

Question

I was denied ptsd in 2006. Did not at the time know the process. After being on this forum for months and months, I have learned so much. I Thank all my brothers and sisters for your care and concern for all of us.

I was in the Signal Corp in Viet Nam with the 4th Infantry in Ankhe and the 1st Cav in Pouc Vinh For the issue at hand, I want to pursue my ptsd claim. I was diagnosed in 2006 at my C&P exam for ptsd but was denied because my stressors were not validated. I am currently 30% Anxiety, 30% AO(diabetes) with a 60% total rating. I had a C&P in March for NOD and came out with a new diagnosis for Depression. Still waiting on decision from VA.

I have been for the last 2 months going to outpatient PTSD classes every week and seeing my shrink once a month. I have many stressors but my main one is no doubt related to my PTSD. On base camp, my captain told me to burn the foilage on the perimeter line. As I was doing this, unexploded ammunition started going off and I believe one of them was a claymore mine. I came back and reported the problem but was ordered to go back. I refused for my safety and was arrested and jailed in a Conex trailer for over a month for Court Martial (I believe AR-90 disobeying a superior officer and assult). I WON MY CASE IN COURT! My commander company was embarrassed and immediately demoted me and shipped me out to a different part of Nam.

My question remains, what is the best approach to reopen my PTSD claim? Will it be retroactive from 2006 since I didn't file an NOD or will I have a new file date? Appreciate your feedback!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have any combat action badges, medals like a PH, Bronze star?

You may be able to go the CUE route if you have a valid claim.

Folkd here can assist you.

J

Do you have any combat action badges, medals like a PH, Bronze star?

You may be able to go the CUE route if you have a valid claim.

Folkd here can assist you.

J

According to the VA the answer is no. I did receive a combat certificate from the 1st CAV