VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Does One Get The Last Ten Percent?

Uncle Pat

I have been rated recently by the VA at 90% but, of course, I have a number of ailments, to include Sleep Apnea (50%), degenerative disc disease/my back 40% and PTSD 30% plus a series of ten percenters on each foot and hand.

This is my question: YES, I understand I must get approved another disability at 50% in order to be rated 95%/per the charts so it will round up to 100% P&T.

That said, does the rating of 50% have to be an ENTIRELY NEW disability on a NEW ailment or, for example, could I get an old rating "upgraded" from (PTSD) 30% to 50% or the bad back from 40% to 50% to accomplish this? WOuld that be enough to legally claim 100%?

Which would be the best way to approach all this?

Many thanks for concise responses.icon10.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work you should try for IU instead of dreaming about that extra 50%. I am 90% as well and it is hard to get to 100%.

If you can't work you should try for IU instead of dreaming about that extra 50%. I am 90% as well and it is hard to get to 100%.

Well, actually I am (now) a Contractor headed for AFG "soon" (two times previous as Military).

I doubt whether I will get IU. The people on this board get so nasty when talking about IU, frankly that I don't even bring it up. I still can work, although at age 60, it gets harder.

My question, respectfully, still stands open for comment. Many thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder
I have been rated recently by the VA at 90% but, of course, I have a number of ailments, to include Sleep Apnea (50%), degenerative disc disease/my back 40% and PTSD 30% plus a series of ten percenters on each foot and hand.

This is my question: YES, I understand I must get approved another disability at 50% in order to be rated 95%/per the charts so it will round up to 100% P&T.

That said, does the rating of 50% have to be an ENTIRELY NEW disability on a NEW ailment or, for example, could I get an old rating "upgraded" from (PTSD) 30% to 50% or the bad back from 40% to 50% to accomplish this? WOuld that be enough to legally claim 100%?

Which would be the best way to approach all this?

Many thanks for concise responses.icon10.gif

See if you meet the 60 percent for the back and do you have radiculpathy?

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting existing service connected disability raised is you best bet.