VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cam Rahn Bay-inland Waterway

Rate this question

derenick52

Question

Hi,In the May Issue of VFW MAGAZINE,Page 13-Agent Orange-Blue Water Navy-IN ADDITION-Cam Rahn Bay is now considered a qualifying location for inland waterway service-?? The bluewaternavy.org posted on February 13 that this statement was POOR WORDING,WHATS HAPPENING-Has something changed in last 3 months,Any input greatly appreciated,George

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

There was a BVA or court case that declared Danang harbor a presumptive site. (The VA fought (still fighting?) this for years). Cam Rahn Bay was another area that did not come up too often.

I haven't noticed recent information concerning Cam Rahn Bay, even though I was there many times in 1968. We often replenished ship's ammunition at Cam Rahn Bay. The Navy support facility there carried everything from WWII small arms ammunition to battleship's 16" shells.

Hi,In the May Issue of VFW MAGAZINE,Page 13-Agent Orange-Blue Water Navy-IN ADDITION-Cam Rahn Bay is now considered a qualifying location for inland waterway service-?? The bluewaternavy.org posted on February 13 that this statement was POOR WORDING,WHATS HAPPENING-Has something changed in last 3 months,Any input greatly appreciated,George

I started searching at CAVC for this case and then tried our hadit search and found I had posted this case before-

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...aded&start=

But you might have another case in mind?

Brown Water vets have proven exposure to AO-I helped one of them who called into the first SVR show I did 3 years ago- maybe I can find that archived show.

It wasn't easy but these claims are possible.

The inlets and tributaries that flow into the Pacific are "Brown Water" for most VA claims purposes.

We dont discuss Brown Water Vets enough.