VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Results

Rate this question

dickj

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Give the doc(s) two weeks to get all their dictation/computer entry done. Then request your C&P results from the RIO/Med Records dept at the VAMC.

It took about six weeks for my husband's reports to come to the RO. His exam and test were through QTC Medical systems. They informed him they have 30 days to get the reports in, but that's not a hard and fast rule. A VA rep had called him with some questions on a Saturday and my guy asked the Rep if they'd received the reports from QTC and he said they had not, but they'd sent out a request. It was Tues of the next week that the reports came to the RO. I emailed his VSO and asked him to watch for the reports (he's really been good about responding to requests to help us). He was able to get the reports within a day and made copies for us. We are fortunate to live in the same city as the RO so makes it easy to make a trip downtown. We've never had to deal with any VA personnel, the VSO has done all of that for us. From what I've read here, I think we're very lucky!

Lorraine

Im gonna call the VA tomorrow....I finished my C & P exams in May. I have requested my C file and copies of my C & P exams. I was told that a request must be sent to make copies. The copies are made and then mailed. I was also told my that file should be going to the rating board soon. Im still waiting and I started this process in October of 2009. This is my second time filing for disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a C&P with QTC back in Feb. Sent in a request for a copy of it but never received it. I had another one in early March. I requested a copy of that one also. The only thing I’ve received was an apology for taking so long due to using the wrong c-file number. They said they understood they should have used another c-file number, that clearly wasn't mine either.

I typed it in bold and underlined at the top and bottom of the page.

The major problem with it taking months and months to get copies of anything is the intentional or unintentional incompetence the VA suffers with.

You can bet your SOC will be issued before you get a copy of it so you won't have time to rebut any errors.

If your C&P was performed by QTC, you must request a copy of it through your regional VA office. Going through the VAMC will not help you.

It is always better to get copies of your C&P's no matter how long it may delay a claim. If you don't know what’s in it, you’re working your claim in the dark. And that’s right where the VA wants you. If you’re being advised by your SO to not request a copy of your C&P due to delaying your claim, I would drop that NSO & get another one or hire an attorney. Advice like this is not in your best interest.