VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds

Rate this topic

I have been taking diphenhydramine for mood swigs ect. I have taken as many as 21 meds in the past. So I was wondering if I should go back on the others?? Im some what at a lost...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been taking diphenhydramine for mood swigs ect. I have taken as many as 21 meds in the past. So I was wondering if I should go back on the others?? Im some what at a lost...

I think you should consult your doctors about your medication concerns.

JMO,

Bergie

I think you should consult your doctors about your medication concerns.

JMO,

Bergie

Diphenhydramine HCL is an antihistamine used for allergy symptoms and the side effect of it is drowsyness and drymouth. I have never read anywhere (physicians desk reference,drug facts and comparisons) where it has ever been used to alter someones mood unless it stems from some sort of sleep disorder (insomnia). I would keep this in mind when you talk to your dr next. Maybe a consult with psych. would help you get on a better med for this.

Diphenhydramine HCL is an antihistamine used for allergy symptoms and the side effect of it is drowsyness and drymouth. I have never read anywhere (physicians desk reference,drug facts and comparisons) where it has ever been used to alter someones mood unless it stems from some sort of sleep disorder (insomnia). I would keep this in mind when you talk to your dr next. Maybe a consult with psych. would help you get on a better med for this.

Talked to a doc yesterday. Gave me Diphenhydramine HCL for my insomnia and lamotrigine to stablize my mood.

I take Lamictal for mood swings and it works pretty good. My friend takes Neurontin and he says it helps him. I have never heard of this Diph for mood swings. I would suggest a talk with your doc about a switch.

• HadIt.com Elder

Neurontin also know as gabapentin in my opinion is a miracle med. Not only does it treat my neuropathy, it helps me with depression and panic attacks. I know that some have problems with it but I consider it my most important med.