VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had Cnp For Ptsd Today

Rate this question

drgonzo

Question

hay all thanks for having this site up for all of up to get help with there claims.

today 5-20 i had my cnp exam for ptsd in honolulu hawaii. it was at 1200. i missed my first one due to inadiquite transportation. i got an adtitude from the person on the other line when

i called them to tell em i was gonna be late. that was 4may.

i arrived about 20 min early, and they had me wait about 8 min till they saw me....i was met by a man in his early 40s. he asked about my past and where my parents togther. if i had any outbursts and asked about my nightmares. i told him that i hit my girlfridnd and that i got kicked out of my fathers house for trashing my room. the guy asked if had sought treatment throught mental health. i said i did and that the lady said i didnt have symptoms. the exmanier said that he thought i had symptoms..he asked if i have any goals for school or work. with i said i really dont..i jsut wanted a job where i can shoot ppl and have a gun in my hand again. asked me my mos and weather i saw combat. i am an infantryman and i did see combat. i dont know if my stressers ever got "verafide". the exame was only about 20 min or so...he also asked if i ever got into trouble when i was a kid and aksed about criminal and drug and aclohol habits.. i have 2 duis so i cant dirve.....i didnt get another appt. and the guy didnt say when and if ill be hearing anything. i also have a claim for tinnits, where i saw a civilan audioligist who said i "definaltly" have tinnitis......they also asked about my work history and where i work now..jsut want to hear ur guys opinion. i am an oif veteran was there 04-05

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey whats up man, I just had mine a couple days ago too. Some similar questions were asked of me..regarding childhood. He even asked if I had ADHD/ADD and if my father drank alcohol. Im curious to know how long its gonna take to hear back...He mentioned the 10% but by that time I had kinda been zoning out..I was sitting there for an hour or so. I think it was fair but I really wish I was better prepared for what the interview consisted of. Kinda feel like the guy was trying to pin my problems on something before the Army...even though I never experienced the stuff til I returned from my first deployment. Anyway sounds like you have a good case..keep me updated I would like to know the timeline between interview and decision.

hay all thanks for having this site up for all of up to get help with there claims.

today 5-20 i had my cnp exam for ptsd in honolulu hawaii. it was at 1200. i missed my first one due to inadiquite transportation. i got an adtitude from the person on the other line when

i called them to tell em i was gonna be late. that was 4may.

i arrived about 20 min early, and they had me wait about 8 min till they saw me....i was met by a man in his early 40s. he asked about my past and where my parents togther. if i had any outbursts and asked about my nightmares. i told him that i hit my girlfridnd and that i got kicked out of my fathers house for trashing my room. the guy asked if had sought treatment throught mental health. i said i did and that the lady said i didnt have symptoms. the exmanier said that he thought i had symptoms..he asked if i have any goals for school or work. with i said i really dont..i jsut wanted a job where i can shoot ppl and have a gun in my hand again. asked me my mos and weather i saw combat. i am an infantryman and i did see combat. i dont know if my stressers ever got "verafide". the exame was only about 20 min or so...he also asked if i ever got into trouble when i was a kid and aksed about criminal and drug and aclohol habits.. i have 2 duis so i cant dirve.....i didnt get another appt. and the guy didnt say when and if ill be hearing anything. i also have a claim for tinnits, where i saw a civilan audioligist who said i "definaltly" have tinnitis......they also asked about my work history and where i work now..jsut want to hear ur guys opinion. i am an oif veteran was there 04-05

Just had to post another reply because I read a thread from a couple years ago talking about how the VA docs will try to screw people out of their service-connected disability claim by pinning stuff on social anxieties...like asking if you drank in high school that youve had a problem long before the Army...well nearly eveyr kid drank some in high school. Then asking if my dad drank and describing that alcoholism is hereditary..

Just pisses me off..because the guy seemed nice, but that would definetly describe the strange vibe I couldnt describe. I was naive and assumed he was there just for my best inerest, so I unloaded things that might screw up my claim...Argh.

Just wanted to pass that along because If my award comes back at 10 or 20% Im definetly filing an appeal...

They will try to pin the PTSD on childhood trauma or any event pre-service.

If you have diagnosis of PTSD and a verified stressor -their attempt to do that will usually fail.

If you was a Infantryman and saw combat,you should at least have a combat infantryman badge (CIB) and tha will be your inservice stressor

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

At best, you could receive a decision in 90 days or less, depending on how busy the RO is. Probably closer to 3-6 months, tho. Ptsd comes as 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% or 100%. They'll probably lowball ya at 30% or 50%, so if you can't work or feel you deserve more, you should appeal their decision. Sorry but they routinely try to blame PTSD on things that happen during our youth, thereby saving them money. Good luck! Thank you for your service and welcome home!!!

pr