VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Exam

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

i went for an gw exam told the examiner i had problemins sleeping , i have sleep apenia and use a c pap machine ( stopped breathing 117 times in 1 hour) memory loss and headaces along with some pain in my right arm the exiamner claimed i had ptsd. is this normal or do i have other problems? now the va is asking for stressors for my ptsd claim any ideas?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

sorry i should give some more info, i was in a support avaition company outside kkmc on the border i saw no shooting no one in my company died we did get anthrax shots and took pb tabs were handling fuel jp4 and truck fuel the only thing i don't know that i was not exposed to is depleated uraniam although i did work on attack helicopters that did use them. the only stressor i can think of is on one move we were in a convoy and did see some good crashes in my convoy and i was carrying a recovered helicopter on my truck

i went for an gw exam told the examiner i had problemins sleeping , i have sleep apenia and use a c pap machine ( stopped breathing 117 times in 1 hour) memory loss and headaces along with some pain in my right arm the exiamner claimed i had ptsd. is this normal or do i have other problems? now the va is asking for stressors for my ptsd claim any ideas?

You need to look up what Gulf War Illness is. these are all a part of the undiagnosed illness. File a clam for them under GWI. Have a good service officer help you.

It's been awhile since I have been on here. Finally got a C&P done took a call to my congressman and 1 week later I was in for the physical. Amazed at how long it took when the PA (ex-navy enlisted) thank god for that and he has briefed congress on GWI. As for what he found it came out to be a laundry list of items. As you will see.

1) Coronary Artery Disease

2) Diabetes Mellitus Type II with pre-diabetes noted from May 1991

3) Carotid Artery Stenosis

4) Hyperlipidemia

5) Prostatic Hyperplasia

6) GERD

7) Peripheral Neuropathy

8) Hearing Loss with Tinnitus

9) Rash with severe scarring

10) Causalgia Right Ankle

It took awhile to get this done. I did take a GWI Physical for the registry which was a joke. That physical lasted about 5 minutes. Nothing was ever said in it about me wearing a brace, hearing aids or scars on my arms and face from rashes or even the rash itself which can be very evident at times. This last physical took 5 hours to do and lasted until 600 pm. The examiner told me that he was only given 20 minutes to do the exam. I only wish that all of us would get a guy like I got. Lets see what comes down the road.

Last thing has anyone heard of any Gulf War activities set for 2 August?