VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployability?

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

Hey people, Im new here. I was wondering as to the possibility of total unplayability. I am only 10% for my knees now and Im trying to get PTSD SC. But I have a history of DOZENS of jobs when I got out out the military. I just looked at my Social Security job record: I had 60 jobs from 1992 through 2007, thats an average of 4 jobs a year. So what do I do or need to do???

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to get a psychiatrist to say you have PTSD and that you are unemployable. You need a verifiable stressor as well. I would say to get into treatment for PTSD first thing.

We , in order to assist you in your beneficial quest would need more history. Inservice stressors? Buddy's who can testify to these stressors as witnesses. Family problems? Marriage/marriages. Seen by mental health professionals in service and post these years? Awards inservice ie CIB, CAR, Bronze star"v", etc? Psychologists and psychiatrics seen? Medication taken for depression, mental health disorders? Anxiety diagnoses? Legal, financial, personal, criminal problems during these years.

What claims have you put in for? When?

Fill us in and we will offer suggestions here from all the great vets/vets families involved in the claims processes.

I know it is alot to answer to but any/all you can share will be of benefit to you and your endeavors. :D

You need to get a psychiatrist to say you have PTSD and that you are unemployable. You need a verifiable stressor as well. I would say to get into treatment for PTSD first thing.

I have one dated Feb 15 2008

You mean you had one 15 feb 2008? Psychiatrist or Psychologist can give PTSD diagnosis. So what happened with your exam?

Edited by halos2

We , in order to assist you in your beneficial quest would need more history. Inservice stressors?

My stressor letter is here:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36438

Buddy's who can testify to these stressors as witnesses. Family problems? Marriage/marriages. Seen by mental health professionals in service and post these years? Awards inservice ie CIB, CAR, Bronze star"v", etc?

This happened in basic training.

Psychologists and psychiatrics seen? Medication taken for depression, mental health disorders? Anxiety diagnoses? Legal, financial, personal, criminal problems during these years.

Meds-Divalproex, Ibuprofen, Loperamide, Rabeprazole, Ranitidine, Rizatripton, Simethicone, Dihenhydromine, Lamotrigine. Currently seeing a therapists. Living off of Social Security Disability. Been homeless several times. Been arrested 4 times.

What claims have you put in for? When?

Filed for PTSD, headaches, memory loss, PTSD due to personal assault

Fill us in and we will offer suggestions here from all the great vets/vets families involved in the claims processes.

I know it is alot to answer to but any/all you can share will be of benefit to you and your endeavors. :D

Hope this all helps.

You mean you had one 15 feb 2008? Psychiatrist or Psychologist can give PTSD diagnosis. So what happened with your exam?

Pending