VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Been On Va Pension Way To Long

cpljohn

I am going on 10 yrs on va pension. Does this have anything to do with me getting service connection.They say that i am at 60%.

Last year 2010 I applied for sc an was turned down.I am in the process of doing my NOD letter.

Am I on the right track or do i need alot of help. My wife an I are doing this on our own.

I was not given a new c&p exam since 2000 when i first went on va pension.

thank you for all the help in this matter.

cpljohn

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

No it dont,but pension is for veterans who served in the military during times of war that didnt have a medical probably while in service, to get service connected compensantion.

• HadIt.com Elder

I personally believe that there are thousands of Veterans on Pensions who should be Service Connected. If you are doing it yourself you need a diagnosis which you have if you are getting a pension. Than you have to link it to your service.

If you could explain what your disability is and how you think it started during your Service I think we may be able to help you.

You should also consider going to a Veterans Service Officer and getting them to help you.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

I think many thousands of vets on VA pension and others with SC conditions are walking around without the proper compensation. This is a shame and a pity. If you have been gettting a VA pension for what are essentially SC conditions that is a real shame.

Yes Pete and John- I sure agree with both of you-

then again a SC rating would have to produce compensation that is higher then the monthly pension amount for it to impact on the veteran.

I think many vets get a pension and then never pursue the possibility that they might have a service connected condition and if rated properly-it could be a higher monthly amount than the pension.