VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will The Va Notify Me If I Was Overpaid On My Pension?

When you get the immediate fixed you need to get your service medical records to see if an attempted suicide is in your records. How was this resolved? Service members who try to kill themselves are usually locked up for a while, and then discharged. Was there a coverup?

I think so, since I was ordered not to report the rape because of who he was and his rank. As I said, it was during a time when women were held responsible, they said that we dressed for it, "asked for it" and I was threatened with military action if I did say anything to anyone. That is what was harder to get over than the act itself. I even got married to a man that I only knew for 31 days for "protection". We stayed together for 24 years and I do have a great son to show for it. As I said, they stitched me up and sent me back to the barracks. I was just a private, so I did what I was told. I finished my term of service and got an honorable discharge because I followed orders. Now, years later, I understand that I certainly wasn't the only vietnam era WAC who went through a situation like this.

I just think that maybe my mental disorder may be considered service connected if they put it in my records. I doubt they did, they most likely just said I cut myself.

Thank you for your response.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is if I was overpaid by the VA will I receive a letter of notification. Will the VA give me a chance to respond and request a way to make small payments to resolve the issue and will they allow me to request a waiver?

OR will the VA simply stop my pension without notifying me first and giving me time to try to make arrangements?

I am just paranoid, I have no other means of support and I would be homeless without my pension.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Ohhhh, yes they will, to both your questions!! I had both SSD AND Pension before the VA yanked my pension. I claimed a hardship due to the fact that I was engaged and the pension was paying part of my rent and car while the SSD was doing the bills and food ect. Still they yanked the pension and I have a $8,000 debt to them. Oh, did I mention the fact that I lost my fiancee because of this BS?!?!

Edited by ranger11bv