VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Is Driving Me Crazy, Any Thoughts?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Old Joe,

Yeah since I've been on oxycodone for so long, I can't take methdone, and morphine does't seem to do much it looks like I only have the Dilaudid and Fentanyl left. I read somewhere its Fentanyl that is the strongest and then Dilaudid

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

my shrink won't sign off on me getting my drivers license back so being an addict to pain killers is the least of my worries nothing but the percocets seem to bring me any type of relief without them my life is pure hell and it normally keeps me from even being able to sleep more than 2 hours at a time so a sleepless few weeks and days full of pain leave me ready to go "postal" the VA has quit trying to take me off percocets years ago they won't increase the dosage but they have stopped trying to make me stop using them I don't drink I don't think the booze and my cardiac meds would mix very well I coud care less how they would interact with percocets I am more worried about my heart stopping I gave up caring if people think I am addict or not it's my back it's my brain and it's my level of pain I have to deal with I can't remember a day without pain since the mid 90s if I couldn't get the pain pills legally thru the VA I would find another way of obtaining pain relief it's that simple

• HadIt.com Elder

Test:

Looks like you got it pretty well figured out. If it matters I agree with your reasoning and what you are doing completely.

In the end it is not what others think of us it is what we think of our self.If you are happy with what you have and love your family you are rich in what counts

• HadIt.com Elder

You got to be careful with those fentanyl patches since I have heard it is easy to OD. I doubt a doctor will prescribe dilaudid in my home state except for post op. I got it post op for my foot and it took severe pain away instantly. I got it via the IV. Their is mass hysteria now about oxycodone and oxycontin in the Tampa Bay area because of addicts driving from all over the country to buy dope from crooked doctors. Now I think getting it from above board pain clinics will be difficult. Every day there is a new headline about pain clinics in the local newspaper. This has got to be reaching my local VAMC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I went to the pain doc this morning. I got him to prescribe me dilaudid. He gave me 4mg x 5 times a day. I just took one about 20 minutes ago and I'm starting to feel it. It seems pretty strong. He kept me on the oxycontin 40mg for the long lasting. He thought my insurance might not cover the dilaudid but they did for the generic anyway (hydromorphone). Of course I go to pick up the scripts and there is an issue. I guess they are stopping production of oxycontin generic because of the issues with it. So instead of 90 pills I could only get 80. Not that big of a deal I'll just switch to ms contin next month. I have state insurance so they don't want to pay for brand name unless the pain center does a referral and for whatever reason they won't. So it looks like 5 hydromorphones and 3 oxycontins a day for this month. I'll chrime in later on how they work but they seem to be starting to kick in hard. Thanks.