VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Is Driving Me Crazy, Any Thoughts?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I am lucky to have the doc I have. That is why I wont go to the VA and pay $100 to see him. Fee basis is supposed to kick in for but I haven't seen anything. I also pay $300 a month for state insurance so I can get the opiates.

The dilaudid is strong quick acting and better than oxycodone for me. Doesn't last that long but I guess that's why he gave me 5 a day. I know I'll develop a tolerance at some point but at least for now I'm getting some relief. I was at the point before of why live like this. Thanks for recommeding the dil blanco.

Sorry other vets can't get the meds I can. I know how bad it is. It sucks that because of drug addicts people with chronic pain have to suffer even more.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thing about dilaudid is that it is for post op pain like morphine pushed into your arm by IV.

Yahoooooo! I am so glad for you getiing the Dil 4mg and 5 a day which is about 20mg oxycodone x 5 but quick acting and much better w/o side effects. Also continuing on the 40mg oxycontin, wow, great combo. In a month or two, you'll be up to Dil 8mg(called the cure all). I would stick with the Oxycontin 40 because Morphine is weaker and makes you sick. Then if in the future you get the Dil 8mg, you will actually be taking like 8 Oxycodone/contin 40mg daily, wow, you should never be in pain. It's just a shame that we cannot use the VA to get our Dilaudid. Wish that I could talk to you on the phone if you would desire so. Send me a personal message? I hope that this all works out for you and gets rid of all your pain. Sincerely, Blanco in PA

• HadIt.com Elder

The only downside if if you have to have surgery what are they going to give you on top of what you are getting to kill the pain? Actually, I envy you. I really wish my doctor would do something for me, but in Florida now it is cash and carry. The pain doctors accept cash only for drugs. It is going to end up screwing us all even VA patients.