VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety W/agrophobia Added To Ptsd

Rate this question

BigCountryVet

Question

Greetings to all my fellow vets. This is my first time using this forum and I am very pleased with what I've read through thus far. Ok... When I first got out of the Army in January 2006 I did my initial eval and was eventually given 70% service connected disability for ptsd. Today, I went to the va clinic to be reevaluated for compensation. Not only did the doctor maintain that I had ptsd (he noted that it actually has become more severe which was plainly obvious before i even did the interview), but he mentioned that it was very evident that I have acquired anxiety disorder with agorophobia (fear of public places). My ultimate question is this: if this new diagnosis of "anxiety disorder with agorophobia" is concurred with the review board will they increase my rating from the already 70% for ptsd or what? If they do in fact increase it, does any of it get backdated? I'd really appreciate any help I could get. I feel like I'm in the dark here in west Texas. Thanks yall...

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Are you still employed?

If not I suggest that you apply for TDIU and then see if the VA will grant you the SMC S award for Housebound status.

But I hope others chime in here too on the HB status.

"My ultimate question is this: if this new diagnosis of "anxiety disorder with agorophobia" is concurred with the review board will they increase my rating from the already 70% for ptsd or what? If they do in fact increase it, does any of it get backdated? I'd really appreciate any help I could get. I feel like I'm in the dark here in we....

Do you have a present claim pending for higher rating?

Did you file a NOD on the 70%

• HadIt.com Elder

One way to do this is to apply for housebound and if the VA grants it they will bump you up to 100% schedular most likely. The VA usually insists on a vet being 100% schedular for a single disability in order to get HB. I have heard different here at hadit that you can get it if you are IU. I would just apply for the HB based on agrophobia. That would be the definition of being HB.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. I am 100% Service Connected for panic disorder/with Agoraphobia and I get SMC S rating another 300 bucks a month.

John gave you good advice ask for HB due to agoraphobia

Welcome to Hadit. I am 100% Service Connected for panic disorder/with Agoraphobia and I get SMC S rating another 300 bucks a month.

John gave you good advice ask for HB due to agoraphobia

Thanks guys. It was a very brief interview (just over an hour) as opposed to the past several psych evals I've had where I had to take breaks they took so long. Nonetheless I am just curious at this point as to the likelihood of the review board giving me additional disability for the panic w/agora' dx. Will backpay come into play here in this case. Yall have been a wonderful help thus far and thanks ahead of time for any info you guys might have.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you asked for it the VA will have to consider it and in my opinion based on what you posted you should get it. If not you will have to appeal the decision.

Remember that VA has a policy "Don't ask Don't give"