VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety W/agrophobia Added To Ptsd

Rate this question

BigCountryVet

Question

Greetings to all my fellow vets. This is my first time using this forum and I am very pleased with what I've read through thus far. Ok... When I first got out of the Army in January 2006 I did my initial eval and was eventually given 70% service connected disability for ptsd. Today, I went to the va clinic to be reevaluated for compensation. Not only did the doctor maintain that I had ptsd (he noted that it actually has become more severe which was plainly obvious before i even did the interview), but he mentioned that it was very evident that I have acquired anxiety disorder with agorophobia (fear of public places). My ultimate question is this: if this new diagnosis of "anxiety disorder with agorophobia" is concurred with the review board will they increase my rating from the already 70% for ptsd or what? If they do in fact increase it, does any of it get backdated? I'd really appreciate any help I could get. I feel like I'm in the dark here in west Texas. Thanks yall...

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yeah. i'm looking forward to getting on something that can hopefully even me out a little at least. On my current med (lexapro 20 mg, 1x/day) it doesnt completely prevent my ange outbursts. maybe it isnt the right med for me. my panic attacks can often be tied to when a ton of people are around. i don't do well at all handling my stress reactions when it comes to an influx of people wherever i am. pete, the very first time you were rated were you given your current rating level or was it on subsequent re-evals? If your current disability level was from subsequent re-evals, how long did THAT decision take to come back to you once your eval was done? Hope yall all have a great holiday and find thanks in the sacrifice for our fallen brothers/sisters.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paxil is good for warding off panic attacks for me. It destroys any sex life you might have left. For those the God's wish to destroy they first make mad.

:huh:does anyone know what the average turnaround on reevals with a possible increase/addition of anxiety disorder with agorophobia is? Yall have been a great help already. I appreciate any information particular to the turnaround time for this specific type of situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Big

I don't think their is an average turnaround time on appeals or requests for an increase except 6-18 months or longer.

Big

I don't think their is an average turnaround time on appeals or requests for an increase except 6-18 months or longer.

Thank you, sir. I figured as much. I assume it all depends on the particularities of the individual's case file. I'm not holding my breath though. I am fortunate enough to be at 70% as it is, but it sure would be nice to see compensation for the other illness that plagues me and my weak job history. I actually had a sit down with my floor supervisor at my health insurance job today as a matter of fact (ironic, right? health insurance guy who is dealing with his own issues!). I explained all my past absences and what they could be attributed to. He seemed kind of surprised. I told him it wasn't like I was going to go around that freakin' job advertising my deal to the world. The people there are all so speculative anyway and when I say one thing to one person they all start talking about me like it's this cool justifiable gossip session. Very hard to withstand without feeling the incessant need to give them what for.

• HadIt.com Elder

Big

Hang in there no matter what and if you can't work apply for TDIU. You have 70% so you meet the official criteria.