VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ao Presumptives

Rate this topic

I'm wondering if the VA will start covering medication like Plavix and Ranexa for IHD now that it is a AO presumptive. Before my VA PCP said that they would not fill these prescriptions. I was told that they just prescribed aspirin in place of plavix. My private cardiologist wants me on plavix until I bite the dirt. I took a letter from him to my VA PCP as requested from the VA stating that I should be on the plavix so the VA would prescribe it but I've still not received any responce from the VA. Renexa helps with the smaller veins that feed the heart muscle and plavix thins the blood.

Jeff

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JEFF---

The vA has me on PLAVIX now for 3 years,My nephroligist requested it,

They are stonewalling you.See there pharmisist- then the PATIENT ADVOCATE and right up the ladder if no results.

STEVE & PAT

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm wondering if the VA will start covering medication like Plavix and Ranexa for IHD now that it is a AO presumptive. Before my VA PCP said that they would not fill these prescriptions. I was told that they just prescribed aspirin in place of plavix. My private cardiologist wants me on plavix until I bite the dirt. I took a letter from him to my VA PCP as requested from the VA stating that I should be on the plavix so the VA would prescribe it but I've still not received any responce from the VA. Renexa helps with the smaller veins that feed the heart muscle and plavix thins the blood.

Jeff

I agree with you Sgt Schmidt. Since the new presumptives added to AO, you should be able to get those meds from VAMC. Seems like everything moves in slow motion at the VA.

post-4811-1275582103_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob