VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brave Pill? Wtf?

Rate this topic

I recently came over this story about a new BRAVE PILL they are developing that will supposedly stop PTSD.

Kind of scary,

"The discovery raises the possibility of a new class of drugs to alleviate post-traumatic stress disorder or the symptoms of extreme anxiety, or that soldiers or other personnel in dangerous professions will be able to take anti-fear medications during stressful situations."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10650179

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If given a choice..I'd run as fast as I could away from anybody promoting the use of such a pill. We have natural responses (fear, pain, hunger) for a reason.

Edited by chr49

Interesting...

But what about those of us who lock themselves away from society in fears of how we may react in the wrong situation, when we're feeling a certain way? So we walk out the door without a care, and somebody gets hurt?

Better to stay inside sometimes, in my book.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that those of us who fight for our earned benefits are the bravest next to those who fought in combat to protect the rest of us.

It takes guts to face the VA and not give up.

I have as yet not seen anyone cured from an anxiety disorder we learn tools to deal with it but it may be in the back ground but for me a panic attack can hit at anytime or anywhere.