VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brave Pill? Wtf?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

They will give you a pill that will get you killed but not give you proper meds to relieve pain.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe Jacobs Ladder was written by an individual that worked with the MKULTRA program back in the late 50s and early 60s, so yes that "fictional work" is fact based in my opinion the LSD only made things worse not better but then I am not a doctor nor a scientist I am only one of the "med vols" used in the Army program that the movie was based on.

Weren't they just advocating the use of morphine a few months ago for everyone involved in a traumatic event saying that the use of the morphine would lessen the impact of the imprints of events in the brain why not just give everyone a sugar pill and tell them that is the cure for PTSD same BS

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe Jacobs Ladder was written by an individual that worked with the MKULTRA program back in the late 50s and early 60s, so yes that "fictional work" is fact based in my opinion the LSD only made things worse not better but then I am not a doctor nor a scientist I am only one of the "med vols" used in the Army program that the movie was based on.

Weren't they just advocating the use of morphine a few months ago for everyone involved in a traumatic event saying that the use of the morphine would lessen the impact of the imprints of events in the brain why not just give everyone a sugar pill and tell them that is the cure for PTSD same BS

Oh, TRUST ME, if you take ENOUGH morphine it will "lessen the impact of the imprints in the brain"...............sometime right before your heart quits beating!

• HadIt.com Elder

you can take enough of most drugs to kill you I understand OD by aspirin is one of the most painful ways to do it something about it shrinking up the veins to the point they can't get IVs in and the pain is really bad I had a friend work in an ER and he has seen it he said the person would have been better off using a 45 my wife gets scared sometimes because of all the drugs the VA sends me and she knows I have tried to OD 3 times in the past but that was a LOT of years ago before I met her and my life was in a less "mentally balanced" position and given that I am a 100% schedular for PTSD now that is saying one hell of a lot rofl I wonder if they would have even given me 50% back then in the 80s or 90s? Never know I wouldn't admit I had a problem back then and was self medicating and would not get near a VA hospital let alone a civilian one.

I do remember when the Army passed out the "go pills" you could get all of them you could carry and most of the guys always had a bottle or 2 if it came between carrying chow or the pills the pills never got tossed

Test,

What color short did wear in that show with Lesterr Holt? Were you the guy with the dress white shirt and glasses or the guy with the red shirt with the vertical stripes. I really enjoyed that program.

Bill