VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Mental Incomptency-But I Am Payee Still Supervised For 3 Years Not Sure Where To Post This, Need Advice Plz.

Rate this question

AlekseiFL

Question

Hello,

Im not sure if this is right section, Mods if its not can move my thread please to spot where I can get some, Help cause really, trully need help and some fellow Vets advice here please.

I also Know im Mess to read here so bare with me please.

I have not posted in long time i have 8 medical conditions total, just had 2 surgeries, I receive SSDI and im 100% service connected for disablities both of body and mentally.

They did proposed incomptency, I waived it said make my mother the payee to speed up as you recall, then the VA sent out Field examiner after he spoke to my mother and myself he came to conclusion , I can pay my own bills by check and bank debit cards monthly.

However the VA set me up on Supervised Pay this has 3 years total window for me to overturn my Incomptency rateing, otherwise at end of 3 years they will set up payee for me which if came to would be my mother or Brother.

I dont want to Burden them Nor do I need this I cook, clean, make Lists of food, supplies, tolietries, cat food, dog food etc, Budget, save reccepits for all, have bank statements, go shoping, cleaning etc, plus go to my 15-20 doctor appointments a month.

MY question to you all is Beyond have my Pysch doctors sign offical letter that can handle my own affairs, should I start every Psych appointment month going over my bills, bringing in recepits copies of my bank statements, can show them online with quicken on laptop how spend my money, that way hopefully doctors after doing this for few monthes to 6 monthes will sign doctors notes saying im comptent , they can start process to restore my rights and remove the incomptency from me.

Now should cover myself futher have landlord, friends, family, bank etc all sign statements that pay my bills always and never forget, futhermore should go over with pych doctors monthly beyond what said would do basic and advanced math to show them im itelligent really good at math and anal at keeping receipts.

I have heard to many horror stories of vets haveing payee's non family if something happend to my mother or brother never would be to trust another person for one thing would want them to report to me daily how my money funds are being spent.

I need advice please step by step what is best way to get my new doctors cause I moved to new city to be closer to family 4 monthes ago and new VA, How to begin process of geting doctors on my side, should have as stated family, friends, landlord etc all write letters.

Only reason they Flagged me to begin with was cause have Chrons Disease,sleep apnea,Gerd,Ulcertive Coltis, chronic adominal pain , PST,Anxiety disorder,Biopolar but most of all DID-Disaccotive Identity Disorder in past had amensia , and time loss, However with Hypnothesis from private doctor cause VA doesnt do that, They are working on Mergeing DID into 1, takes long long time to do, But always, always pay bills day their due, dont ever forget, again DID disorder got me flagged, so how do prove to doctors start to reverse this what is best course my clock is ticking I have about 2 years left on Incomptency rateing with supervised pay meaning im handling my own funds, or at end they appoint payee for me, wont put my family thru that, and most of all myself, I may have all my Ilness However, have my Intergrity still wanna retain it , would never mental home or nurseing home, Have many hobbies enjoy last year since got my money my quality of life, has changed for the better. Now have some my self esteem back im still disablled but im coming to terms with it, now can afford to have some my old and new hobbies to keep my mind active.

I can use some advice on best way to reverse incomptency Know its get doctors to sign letters but should i over next 4-6 monthes go over bills with my mental health doctors so they see, and understand and feel comfortable writeing letter for me that im comptent so can get this dam thing reversed I try not to think about it , But Incomptency makes me mad as hell, cause if you knew me, would Know pay every bill day its due and never fail to, I know reading my mess of bad writeing it does not do me justice but again if knew how keep recepits,budget etc.

Please give me advice

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

For the SSDI award-did SSA declare you incompetent?

If not that is sure one piece of evidence to prove you can handle your own affairs.

"MY question to you all is Beyond have my Pysch doctors sign offical letter that can handle my own affairs, should I start every Psych appointment month going over my bills, bringing in recepits copies of my bank statements, can show them online with quicken on laptop how spend my money, that way hopefully doctors after doing this for few monthes to 6 monthes will sign doctors notes saying im comptent , they can start process to restore my rights and remove the incomptency from me."

If you overwhelm them with that type of evidence of your competency, they will probably support you.

But it looks to me that you have proof that you were not incompetent in the first place.

VA incompetency in my opinion is a lot of bull crap. BUT one of my dearest friends has 100% Manic Bi polar and in his manic stages. he is not rationale with money. He is glad they made his wife his payee.

Is it possible that you have mania as part of your bi polar like he does?

In that case- this incompetency stuff can ba a blessing for some veterans.

Just remember-this does NOT mean you are stupid or nuts-nor does it even mean you are incompetent.

This is a protection for veterans who would spend their comp recklessly.

You certainly can fight it too with the evidence you are accumulating.

It is not some court ordered incompetency status either. It is one way the VA covers their A--.

They dont want to have a vet with a 100% comp check become homeless and be interviewed on the nightly news only to find the vet needed some help handling his compensation check.

Another friend of mine ( 100% SC and SMC ) got a retro for his PTSD and spent it-$8,000- by week's end. He then regretted that but his wife helped hm spend it all too.

Dont feel you are branded in any way by VA's incompetency stuff. If you go to VA Watchdog you will see the major problems they are having in this fiduciary program- probably run by individuals who work for VA yet are truly incompetent to even handle their own jobs.

SSA declared my husband incompetent but VA didnt.

He had a small student loan balance when he suffered a major stroke and we didnt know how easy it could be to get the loan waived due to total disability. They would call here relentlessly for the money and someone told him not to pay it after he had stroke.

SSA called him up right after they declared him incompetent and told him he could fight their declaration of incompetency with an appeal but he told the SSA woman he liked it.

He told her this way when the student loan people call him again to harass him he could tell them not only was he 'certified crazy' (PTSD SC at 100%),but he also had 'significant traumatic brain damage'due to multiple strokes (he got that phrase from a MRI result on hs brain), but that he was also declared incompetent by SSA so they might as well stop calling him about the student loan.

Then he couldn't wait until the student loan people called him.It was a hoot to hear him rattle that all off.It was all medically true.

But then we finally realized DUH- that it was a simple matter to get VA doc to sign a form for Student loan people to waiver the balance due to total disability.

DOnt let this incompetency BS define who you are.And fight it if you want to.But bear in mind that it could be in your best interests too.