VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Incorrect Issue Decided

Rate this question

lcpmom

Question

All

Recently a Vet that I am assiting received a SOC for a condition that she obviously did not claim. Her repeated letters to have the incorrect condition changed before the DRO review was no acted upon.

What does she do now.

Will this have to be sent to the BVA to get settled?

Any response with guidance that I can share with the Veteran will be greatly appreciated!

Lois

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Once they have something in the record it is almost impossible to get changed cause the person who screwed up has to take responsibility and that is a rare thing at the VA

All

Recently a Vet that I am assiting received a SOC for a condition that she obviously did not claim. Her repeated letters to have the incorrect condition changed before the DRO review was no acted upon.

What does she do now.

Will this have to be sent to the BVA to get settled?

Any response with guidance that I can share with the Veteran will be greatly appreciated!

Lois

Bring it to the attention of the DRO. If you put that in your Notice of Disagreement, the DRO will see it. Also, did you request a Hearing with the DRO? First, if you did not request a Hearing--the DRO hopefully will see it when he/she does a complete impartial (?) review of your claim. Secondly, if you did request a Hearing with the DRO--bring it to their attention then.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bring it to the attention of the DRO. If you put that in your Notice of Disagreement, the DRO will see it. Also, did you request a Hearing with the DRO? First, if you did not request a Hearing--the DRO hopefully will see it when he/she does a complete impartial (?) review of your claim. Secondly, if you did request a Hearing with the DRO--bring it to their attention then.

........and, if you have ALREADY filed an NOD......then simply take a VA form 21-4136 (Statement In Support Of Claim) and just write out the fact that she received an SOC for a condition that she did NOT claim.

Then make doubly sure that the VARO did, in fact, receive this 21-4136. The VA personnel are used to seeing this form and they usually do read it, because they figure that if you are intelligent enough to send them "forms", then they had best read them. Calling will do no good. Sending them a letter will do no good. Even sending them an IRIS will most likely do no good.

"Delivery Confirmation, Return Receipt Requested"

or, anymore, I'm just using FedEx!

• HadIt.com Elder

.............or, if worse comes to worse, see if you can find someone to swap disabilitys with. :blink: