Ads

How to get your questions answered.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ ...
  2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title ... 
  3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help ...
Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Search

Sign in to follow this  
teejay53

Va Rater Back To St. Paul, Mn

Question

i found out today my dic claim left rater on june 9, 2010 and went back to dic and pension department in st. paul, mn and the va rep will not provide any info other than this. is a good thing or bad thing on the benefit decision?

thank you for your opinions.

tj

I am a Widow, with Indemnity & Compensation Claim at the St Paul MN Service Center also. Oct. 8, 2OO9 Husband died; Oct. 28, 2OO9 Filed. Dec. 4, 2OO9 Claims received it. July 2O1O, VA sends they NEED 2 papers-DD214 & D/C which 26 Pages, those Included WERE sent! I resent immediately. Then, now almost End of Aug. and -O-. If U are hoping for the 4-6 month wait & Receive $, well U need to read on! Being a Pauper, NO way to Pay Bills, etc. WON'T matter. I was taken in by a Samaritan, so I wouldn't Starve!

Ad

I am a Widow, with Indemnity & Compensation Claim at the St Paul MN Service Center also. Oct. 8, 2OO9 Husband died; Oct. 28, 2OO9 Filed. Dec. 4, 2OO9 Claims received it. July 2O1O, VA sends they NEED 2 papers-DD214 & D/C which 26 Pages, those Included WERE sent! I resent immediately. Then, now almost End of Aug. and -O-. If U are hoping for the 4-6 month wait & Receive $, well U need to read on! Being a Pauper, NO way to Pay Bills, etc. WON'T matter. I was taken in by a Samaritan, so I wouldn't Starve!

I am so sorry no one replied to this yet-----

I too am a widow and can state emphatically that we get treated the same as many of our nation's veterans-

by VA-

(Often meaning treated like second class citizens, with no respect for our loss or for our evidence)

You could go to http://www.va.gov/

and use the "Contact Us" button and make a formal IRIS request as to the status of your claim and the whereabouts of the evidence you have sent.

It takes 2-3 weeks sometimes for evidence to be assopciated with a C file and often that long for it to show up on the IRIS system computers.

Do you have a vet rep?

As a widow I never had one that understood my claim- however if you have rep they also can accept evidence from you with copy of your proof of mailing slips as well as send it to the VA themselves for you.They will put copies into their POA file on you and this is one more way to insure VA gets your stuff.

I have been a VA claimant many times re: many issues.

I learned you have to keep on them as to evidence.

I am mailing today evidence they recently seem to have lost -that I sent in on August 4th 2010.

Does your DIC claim involve any of the new Agent Orange Presumptives?

I admit I don't know anything about the VA and how it operates but............... what I'm reading is that is takes over a year to your claim accepted or denied? How can ANY organization JUSTIFY this type of response time? I fully realize that a raters job can't be all that easy, but a yr to make a decision? Isn't there someone that can help you move your claim faster? Good luck to you and my prayers are that your claim will be answered soon and things will be better. Just don't give up hope!!!!

Kate