VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc & Temporary 100%

Rate this topic

Last February, I was award 2 months temp 100% for heart bypass surgery. I immediately filed a new "claim" stating that I should have received 3 months temp 100% for my surgery (per the rating schedule) and SMC for the 3 months of temp 100% (per the total plus 60% rule). It is now June, and no one, not even the IRIS inquiry, can tell me anything other than my claim is "still open and in development". I would have thought that this claim would be processed relatively quickly since my original claim was already adjudicated; I am merely asking the VA to correct an oversight. Why do I feel like they are waiting for me to die? I have since developed a chronic lung infection, and quite frankly, I no longer have the strength to stay on top of my claim.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It looks like you have done everything that you can do. There is one other thing you can do if you want and that is to go to the VARO and ask for a Councilor and have them explain what is going on face to face.

I have done this before when helping another veteran and it actually helped.

Good Luck

It looks like you have done everything that you can do. There is one other thing you can do if you want and that is to go to the VARO and ask for a Councilor and have them explain what is going on face to face.

I have done this before when helping another veteran and it actually helped.

Good Luck

Thanks Pete. I guess I'll just patiently wait.

• 4 weeks later...

You know sometimes i think the VA does hope that one will past away before the benefits rating comes back. My uncle recently applied as he was a Vietnam Vet and just never applied. Its said to say 5 months later he passed away from cancer. My dad goes to the VA but i wonder if they are just giving him meds and sending him home. My dad is Tricare for Life, so he can go anywhere but he sticks with the VA cuz its convenient. Well lets hope that is not the case with VA, and hope they are taking care of the Veterans properly.