VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected Injury Claim At Bva In D.c.

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Hello everyone; looking for an answer or advice regarding claims. I had a BVA hearing 2 months ago, I received a letter stating that my file had been transferred to BVA in Washington D.C. - I submitted additional medical evidence in support of claim, Anyone knows or estimates how long it takes for the BVA to come up with an "approved\disapproved" decision? - I also need advice regarding PTSD claim. Would it be unwise to file for an increase for PTSD now, while the claim for service connected injury is being reviewed by the BVA in Washinton D.C.? Would filing for a PTSD increase delay the process since they are presently reviewing my physical injury claim in D.C. - I am a grunt, was in small arms unit in NAM for 11 months, I was given a rating of 30% for PTSD, I disagree with the rating and will ask for an increase, I just wonder whether I should wait for the BVA's decision regarding my other claim, or should I go ahead and file for PTSD increase. Please your replies are appreciated.

Jim

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

jameshadit - if you submitted additional evidence, to the BVA, w/o waiving RO review your claim will be remanded by the BVA to the RO. As for requesting an increase, for PTSD, you should do that now! You should also file a TDIU form if you're not working. Neither should slow your current claim. They generally start a temporary c-file while your actual c-file is away.

pr

Hello everyone; looking for an answer or advice regarding claims. I had a BVA hearing 2 months ago, I received a letter stating that my file had been transferred to BVA in Washington D.C. - I submitted additional medical evidence in support of claim, Anyone knows or estimates how long it takes for the BVA to come up with an "approved\disapproved" decision? - I also need advice regarding PTSD claim. Would it be unwise to file for an increase for PTSD now, while the claim for service connected injury is being reviewed by the BVA in Washinton D.C.? Would filing for a PTSD increase delay the process since they are presently reviewing my physical injury claim in D.C. - I am a grunt, was in small arms unit in NAM for 11 months, I was given a rating of 30% for PTSD, I disagree with the rating and will ask for an increase, I just wonder whether I should wait for the BVA's decision regarding my other claim, or should I go ahead and file for PTSD increase. Please your replies are appreciated.

Jim

Thanks PR for your quick reply, I did waive Regional Office Jurisdiction with the new evidence submitted to BVA. I retired in April of this year, couldn't bear the pain any longer; my service connected physical injuries have worsened. I had two reconstructive surgeries on my right foot and I need surgery on damaged left foot as well. Claim for right foot injury was approved, the claim for seconfary issues at BVA in Washington is pending decision. I best go ahead and request increase for PTSD. Thanks for the info regarding the TDIU form, I was unaware of that angle. Thanks again.

Jim