VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Challenge Denied Sc

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

The VA did not SC my vertigo, although they gave me 10% SC on my DDD in my C5C6C7.

They defered my left shoulder pain, but gave me 20% for my right shoulder, radiating from my neck. I can not sleep on my left side for the pain, it hurts when I drive too long and sometimes tingles like it's falling asleep, when I drive.

They gave me 10% for tinnitus, and claimed that the pain I feel/hear in my right ear with moderate to loud noise as tinnitus. The best I can describe the pain is a noise like crackling wax paper. I felt that the two are seperate from each other.

I thought that they would have been able to wrap my DDD and tinnitus all together with Cervical Vertigo - that the MD during my C & P suggested it was.

They denied right wrist pain. In most of the denials they said that there was no post service medical records to review. I feel like I hosed myself by filling so late.

Anyways, there is an entry on my AF medical records for each of these. How best to proceed? Is there a specific form I need to use AND do I need to start to make appointments at my Doc now? BTW: All the reading about Cervical Vertigo indicates slim choices for treatment... that's why I mainly just "delt with it".

You all dish out great advice here, thank you.

PS If helpful, I can provide C & P notes and my letter.

George

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I changed my doc at my hospital to one who also had a specialty in Sports Medicine, in addition to the Family Practice that my other one had. With my old doc, I mentioned the C&P docs suggested diagnosis of Cervical Vertical, and he looked at me as if I should me see an ObGyn doc.... I am not kidding. That was the last straw. I'll see my new doc tomorrow PM and I hope he is more open minded. I think that I will prod him for a referral for a neurology consult for my DDD in my C spine.

Once I gather some more data, I'll make a new claim for a more appropriate Cervical Vertical.

Comments are always welcomed!