VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re Tax Exemption

mrsvet28

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Real property tax exemptions are usually a form filled out at your local property tax office. The VA only certifies once a year so it you need something from VA should ask them to give it to you.

Real property tax exemptions are usually a form filled out at your local property tax office. The VA only certifies once a year so it you need something from VA should ask them to give it to you.

Pete,

I went to the County Director of Veterans Affairs here in Jan., filled all the papers out had them notarized by the tax office-made a call to the dirctor the other day to see what is taking so long, they said they sent it to Indiantown Gap and they still needed another paper from the their office- in the meantime my payments on the house are an extra 198 a month till they get it together.....but I'm used to that :mellow: and if they only certify once a year he never told me that which he should have-so in the meantime can you apply to recoup the taxes youre paying after youre exempt? Thanks MrsVet

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to check with the appraisal office that sends out your tax statements. In Texas you can be refunded but all states are not the same.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

And, Pete knows stuff like that. He's my go-to-guy on tax exemptions/real estate appraisals/etc. He be smart 'bout that there stuff!

Pete53,

Been in bed all summer with back injury and broke my wrist had surgery -feeling better/ so thought I would update on theproperty tax exemption here-turns out we still havent gotten it, because the county here in PA counts your retro payment as income-even though the IRS doesnt- so have to wait till Jan 2011 and refile again - is what the Director of Veterans Affairs told me here. Sound right to you?

Thanks for all your input all these years-

Oh and by the way, the VA finally recognized the hypertension claim secondary to PTSD- they told me after the final decision that "we checked the action satisfied the appeal on all issues"-but they're were only three issues and that was still under appeal, and they told me I had to reopen it all over I knew that couldnt be, because they are the ones who seperated it to begin with, then decided to drop it before they even got the CP exam and so on.....and guess who proved them wrong......:tongue: have claim in for the ODC now we are missing 4 years of retro when they finally decided it...now have to prove that but have all the original evidence back to 98..Take care MrsVet

• HadIt.com Elder

Well at least you know you get the exemption. I think that your tax assessor is in error counting VA retro but if its ok with you to get it next year that is fine at least you will get it.

I am glad that you put the VA for trying to sneak a curve ball and deny 4 years of retro,

Good job,