VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automatic 100%

ZenArcher

Question

........ah, yeah.......it's a "proposed" rule that has not been enacted yet............and, it states in the "proposal" that any veteran WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED ALS should receive 100%.

And, I know that for some of us that term "service-connected" does NOT mean anything but years of hassle and denials. I'm SURE, though, that the VA would NEVER drag their feet when it comes to hurrying up and paying 100% disability to some veteran with a FATAL disease........................as long as they are "service-connected".....................

I'm sorry, I know that you wanted to post some "good news", and I appreciate that.........I'm just suffering from a terminal case of "realism", acquired from over-exposure to the VA. :blink:

GOOD INFORMATION.

THANK YOU

• HadIt.com Elder

God Rest his soul and damn the VA for making Veterans like him fight and worry for such a long time

That is Horrible.

Ironically that was the anniversary date of my husband's death due to AO.

If he left a surviving spouse by all means have her join hadit and she should go to the DIC forum here and ask for advice.

I will be sure to see her posts there.

I used our search feature for Zen but cannot determine the status of his VA claim in his lifetime.

If it is still in process she can substitute herself as the claimant for retroactive accrued benefits and for a possible DIC benefit award.

He was so happy when the ALS regs came out. This is just terrible news.

Another tragic loss of wisdom. I really hope (as Berta mentions) that his spouse can log in and get educated when she's had a while to get things settled.