VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Reason For The Delay?

Rate this question

Draggin'

Question

As you can see from our other posts, I've been waiting for over a year to have my PTSD claim rated AND have my dependants status added to my compensation. (If you'd like to take a look: & I've previously sent in my stressor letter (proof of stressor) and my additional dependant information in as the VA had requested....and I waited and waited and called and checked and etc, etc. I was told they had my marriage/dependant information, but it had been lost back in December.

Yesterday, I called and found out that they needed additional information on my PTSD claim. Today, I got the letter and the form they needed filled out. Guess what?!! They need a proof of stressor!!! They didn't have enough information to even inquire about our records! That makes no sense to me considering how accurate and descriptive my stressor letter/information is.

So I'm thinking, "Wait a second..." Was this information all lost at the same time by VA? OR did they never get my information?!! All of this was supposed to be sent in through my VSO. I am beginning to think that my VSO never sent it. The information is exactly what the VA keeps saying it needs, it was requested of me in a VA letter, and exactly what I sent to my VSO to have them send in for me.

My wife and I are truly hoping that this has been the issue all along...that the VA did not indeed have the information they needed. We are taking this opportunity to supply them with more proof that we've recently found (archived newspaper articles, etc.) along with another copy of the paperwork that they should have had for a long time now!

We'll keep you posted as to what the issue is/was...if we ever figure it out ourselves. Any ideas on what happened or similar stories?

Thanks

Draggin'

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Every VA Regional Office has a FAX machine. To make sure that the Regional Office DOES receive your stuff, have your VSO (provided you have one) send in a copy (and retain a copy), mail a copy with proof of delivery (FedEX is the best and cheapest) and FAX the darn stuff (that way they get it SOONER).

HEY! I an old PILOT and truly believe in redundancy, i.e., TWO props are BETTER than ONE.....two magnetos.....two spark plugs.....two different compasses........ :biggrin:

As you can see from our other posts, I've been waiting for over a year to have my PTSD claim rated AND have my dependants status added to my compensation. (If you'd like to take a look: & I've previously sent in my stressor letter (proof of stressor) and my additional dependant information in as the VA had requested....and I waited and waited and called and checked and etc, etc. I was told they had my marriage/dependant information, but it had been lost back in December.

Yesterday, I called and found out that they needed additional information on my PTSD claim. Today, I got the letter and the form they needed filled out. Guess what?!! They need a proof of stressor!!! They didn't have enough information to even inquire about our records! That makes no sense to me considering how accurate and descriptive my stressor letter/information is.

So I'm thinking, "Wait a second..." Was this information all lost at the same time by VA? OR did they never get my information?!! All of this was supposed to be sent in through my VSO. I am beginning to think that my VSO never sent it. The information is exactly what the VA keeps saying it needs, it was requested of me in a VA letter, and exactly what I sent to my VSO to have them send in for me.

My wife and I are truly hoping that this has been the issue all along...that the VA did not indeed have the information they needed. We are taking this opportunity to supply them with more proof that we've recently found (archived newspaper articles, etc.) along with another copy of the paperwork that they should have had for a long time now!

We'll keep you posted as to what the issue is/was...if we ever figure it out ourselves. Any ideas on what happened or similar stories?

Thanks

Draggin'

Draggin,

I always tell other vets if possible submit your documents in person, and get a "time stamped copy" of each page (within reason). Ihave had 2 DRO hearings in which I referenced specific documents and was told by the DRO that they did not get the page. That is when it feels really, really good to pull it out and correct them by showing the time stamp. I've had it happen to me personally, so imagine all the times it happens and the claim is denied or low-balled. It is well worth the trouble in the long run. If I were you I'd file whatever documents you have in person, and say to never trust someone else to do your work for you.

JMO,

Bergie

So a trip to my local regional office is definately a good idea, huh?! Is this the only way to get information date and time stamped?

Sounds good, we were going there anyway to re-submit other information. Maybe we'll take the kiddos and find a place to play along our way to Waco!

Thanks

Draggin'