VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Go Back To School?

Rate this question

mako25

Question

I have fought for years and with the help of this site along with a lot of fighting I received a award of 100% T&P..Thank you...Now am I able to try to go back to school and get a degree? Will I continue to get my award? Do I receive a extra styphen for attending school?.....If I was able to compleate a program would I loose all my benefits? I am afraid of starting school and not being able to compleate the program because of my health but I would love the opertunity to go back to school..

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks...I guess I will leave well enough alone..The reason I was thinking about going back to school was just to try again to do something with my life..I know deep down inside my med problems would not allow me to attend classes on a regular basis.The last thing I need is to stir the pot after such a long battle...Thanks again you guys are great.

Do you REALLY want to "do something with my life"?

Do you REALLY?

Get with your state veterans commission........see when their next stated training sessions are for their vso's and the county vso's then find a veterans organization that could use some help from a VOLUNTEER veterans service officer.

Then attend the classes, get your accredidtation, and HELP SOME VETERANS.

If that doesn't work for you, then go down to the local VA Medical Center or community-based clinic and VOLUNTEER and HELP SOME VETERANS.

There's LOTS of things that you can do, if not for other peeps, then for your OWN self-satisfaction.

Oh, yeah, ask Berta about her schooling, all on line, with AMU. Or, most local community colleges now have on-line classes, some even with weekly "in-home-classes" via the local cable company.

Or, if that doesn't float yer boat, do what a disabled vet friend of mine did. He took up "sculpture"........stopping by junk yards (now referred to as "metal re-cyclers", or some such B.S.) and "creating artistic" stacks of welded-together stuff. Seriously, selling for $3,000 for an "inside the home" piece to over $35,000 for "yard art" and he sells apporximately 20-30 of the inside pieces and around 10-12 of the yard art a year.

http://loweroaklawn.com/spotlight/dallas-design-district-art-installation-two-new-sculptures-for-lower-oak-lawn/

Do something, even if it for yourself.

G-d bless.