VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Bad Rating

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

My C&P examiner told me she was new and I was her first C&P patient, I put in for a claim for my cervical (3 level fusion) and my low back and forgot to mention my thoracic. I was given a rating of only 20% for my cervical and 10% for my lumbar. During the examine the Dr. pushed down on my head forcing it to get the measurements she wanted causing my pain and grinding like chewing on grissel. The answers she put down are mot my answers to her questions. I am getting ready to file a NOD as soon as i get all further evidence and a accurate range of motion from a chiropractor. For what i have read on the forums I may have several separate claims i can file for my problems and i would like some advice.

Can anyone tell me what all I can file for ?? listed below is al listing of my problems and let me know if a Dr. should reword any of the problems????

Cervical

Fusion of C4-5, C5-6, C6-7, Spinal Stenosis, I have continued numbness through my arms hands and fingers with some pain. I have constant pain throughout my neck more to the right side and intense headaches that get stronger as the day goes bye and only lying down seems to help.

Thoracic

Spondylosis, Facet Arthropathy, Multiple thoracic intervertebral dysrelationships (subluxation) function abnormally resulting in pain, muscle spasm, and sometimes nerve malfunction.

Lumbar

Spinal Stenosis, Intervertable disc syndrome, Rupured Disc (Annular tears), Sciatica, Degenerative Disc Disease throughout his entire spine, Facet Arthropathy at all levels,

Arthritis degenerative throughout entire spine, Schuermanns Disease, Intense pain in lower mid back constant increasing with movement or standing and lying down or sitting for any length of time increases pain. Intense pain down legs and thighs and buttocks.

I would appreciate any help, Thank You in advance for your time and consideration.

Terry Lafferty

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would get a copy of the C&P that the Doc does. Its usually available at the same VAMC that you had the exam.

If it is favorable I would wait cause you should get an answer from VA in 60 to 120 days. If not I would ask for another C&P and explain what happened and that you see problems with how the exam was conducted.

Good Luck

My C&P examiner told me she was new and I was her first C&P patient, I put in for a claim for my cervical (3 level fusion) and my low back and forgot to mention my thoracic. I was given a rating of only 20% for my cervical and 10% for my lumbar. During the examine the Dr. pushed down on my head forcing it to get the measurements she wanted causing my pain and grinding like chewing on grissel. The answers she put down are mot my answers to her questions. I am getting ready to file a NOD as soon as i get all further evidence and a accurate range of motion from a chiropractor. For what i have read on the forums I may have several separate claims i can file for my problems and i would like some advice.

Can anyone tell me what all I can file for ?? listed below is al listing of my problems and let me know if a Dr. should reword any of the problems????

Cervical

Fusion of C4-5, C5-6, C6-7, Spinal Stenosis, I have continued numbness through my arms hands and fingers with some pain. I have constant pain throughout my neck more to the right side and intense headaches that get stronger as the day goes bye and only lying down seems to help.

Thoracic

Spondylosis, Facet Arthropathy, Multiple thoracic intervertebral dysrelationships (subluxation) function abnormally resulting in pain, muscle spasm, and sometimes nerve malfunction.

Lumbar

Spinal Stenosis, Intervertable disc syndrome, Rupured Disc (Annular tears), Sciatica, Degenerative Disc Disease throughout his entire spine, Facet Arthropathy at all levels,

Arthritis degenerative throughout entire spine, Schuermanns Disease, Intense pain in lower mid back constant increasing with movement or standing and lying down or sitting for any length of time increases pain. Intense pain down legs and thighs and buttocks.

I would appreciate any help, Thank You in advance for your time and consideration.

Terry Lafferty

You should really see a neurologist for your nerve issues. I did and was awarded 20% bilaterally for radiculopathy in upper extremties. The neurologist wrote a letter on my behalf that removed all questions that I had radiculopathy. I have also been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, which I was unaware existed. Now I have a pending claim for carpal tunnel secondary to cervical radiculopathy. Again I recommend you see a neurologist and tell them you are seeking SC, and see what they can do for you. As for the other back problems you need an ortho doctor to opine on those conditions. Take your time on the NOD until you have gathered the necessary documentation to support your claim.

JMO,

Bergie

You should really see a neurologist for your nerve issues. I did and was awarded 20% bilaterally for radiculopathy in upper extremties. The neurologist wrote a letter on my behalf that removed all questions that I had radiculopathy. I have also been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, which I was unaware existed. Now I have a pending claim for carpal tunnel secondary to cervical radiculopathy. Again I recommend you see a neurologist and tell them you are seeking SC, and see what they can do for you. As for the other back problems you need an ortho doctor to opine on those conditions. Take your time on the NOD until you have gathered the necessary documentation to support your claim.

JMO,

Bergie

Bergie, could you tell me which condition it would be i need to see a neurologist for?? and what im looking for and what the Neurologist needs to look for or write so I know?? I really dont know much about all this stuff except im hurting all the time.

Terry Lafferty

Bergie, could you tell me which condition it would be i need to see a neurologist for?? and what im looking for and what the Neurologist needs to look for or write so I know?? I really dont know much about all this stuff except im hurting all the time.

Terry Lafferty

Below I have copied from your original post some of the areas that a neurologist can definately opine on, but from what you describe it sounds like there could be alot of other issues for the neurologist as well. If I were you I'd make an appointment and see a neurologist then send me a PM with the results and we can go from there.

Hope this helps,

Bergie

"I have continued numbness through my arms hands and fingers with some pain and intense headaches that get stronger as the day goes bye and only lying down seems to help."

"sometimes nerve malfunction."

"Intense pain down legs and thighs and buttocks."