VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Benefits +'s And -'s

Rate this question

cybercopp

Question

Dear Vets, I just recieved a letter from the VA telling me that I am now 100% TDIU non-un employable...

I am a new to this and somehow feel this may be a curse??

I am trying to understand just what the hell TDIU is and what it means..

I have noticed that alot of Vets are trying to aquire this TDIU thing...

Whart are the Benefits Good and Bad....

I jus go this letter Saturday...Can I work or not??

Can I go to school? Not sure on what all this means...I have two daughters 21 and 23....

TAXes abound??

If I am working..now and in the Federal Government...Do I just continue to work??

Are the any Ranger Handbooks on TDIU?

Any websites??? Is there a List of DO's and DONT's??

THX TO ALL NEWBIE

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

cybercopp,

SOS...SOS..NEEDING INFO OR GUIDANCE....

Thanks very much for your research, but I am new to the Law stuff...and confused in what the VA is telling me. I was told to file for SSDI thru SSA, I have listed some info from my VA Letter...I was also told that I can not recieve or have a AGI of 10,820.00 for annual salary...

My letter states: "Your overall or combined rating is 90% effective February 16, 2007, and changes to 100% effective July 28, 2009. Basic eligibility to Dependents' Educational Assistance is established from July 28, 2009.

Letter also states "ENTITLEMENT TO 100% COMBINED EVALUATION BEGINS, CRDP WITHOLDING ENDS."

MEDICAL DESCRIPTION % ASSIGNED EFFECTIVE DATE

Evaluation of Major Depressive Order 50% July 28, 2009

Obstructive Sleep Apnea 50% July 28, 2009

Prurigo Nodularis 60% Feb 16, 2007

Lumbosacral Strain 10% July 28, 2009

Ulcers 20% December, 31 2003

Right Shoulder 30% Dec 31, 2003

LOOKING FOR ANY GUIDANCE OR RECOMMENDATIONS...THX

I have seen this before but do not have the ability to check on it right now. My personal view is you have been awarded based on your last award IU as you know. It is up to you how you want tp proceed if I remember correctly. If you enjoy your work and it is not hurting your disabilities then you need to call the 800# I listed and discuss this award with them.

If you made more in the last year than allowed you might want to check on that also.

Either way you have been awarded a great opportunity for your family and you to help prolong your life and hopefully pay the bills.

If you do decide to leave work I would file for SSDI right away so you do not lose any of your benefits there.

Again congratulations and take care yourself!

SOS...SOS..NEEDING INFO OR GUIDANCE....

Thanks very much for your research, but I am new to the Law stuff...and confused in what the VA is telling me. I was told to file for SSDI thru SSA, I have listed some info from my VA Letter...I was also told that I can not recieve or have a AGI of 10,820.00 for annual salary...

My letter states: "Your overall or combined rating is 90% effective February 16, 2007, and changes to 100% effective July 28, 2009. Basic eligibility to Dependents' Educational Assistance is established from July 28, 2009.

Letter also states "ENTITLEMENT TO 100% COMBINED EVALUATION BEGINS, CRDP WITHOLDING ENDS."

]

Since you are still working there is no need to apply for SSDI, you are 'NOT" TDIU, check out the combined rating chart. Your disabilities add up to 95% which will cause VA to pay you at the 100% rating.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

THANKS TO ALL

You are right about the confusing letters you received from the VA. I suggest you get clarification from your Rep.

Saying that, I read it as you are 100 % retro to July 28, 2009. The offset from your CRDP ends when you are rated 100%, so you should get your full retirement, as well.. You should get a retro check. check your bank account. Your kids get their college paid for and you are good to go and do what ever you are able to do.

What's up with that TDIU remark you made??? Was that from February 16, 2007 till July 28, 2009? Thats a bit confusing, however JMHO,... Congratulations.

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Vets, I just recieved a letter from the VA telling me that I am now 100% TDIU non-un employable...

I am a new to this and somehow feel this may be a curse??

I am trying to understand just what the hell TDIU is and what it means..

I have noticed that alot of Vets are trying to aquire this TDIU thing...

Whart are the Benefits Good and Bad....

I jus go this letter Saturday...Can I work or not??

Can I go to school? Not sure on what all this means...I have two daughters 21 and 23....

TAXes abound??

If I am working..now and in the Federal Government...Do I just continue to work??

Are the any Ranger Handbooks on TDIU?

Any websites??? Is there a List of DO's and DONT's??

THX TO ALL NEWBIE

So, what's the deal??? are you TDIU or are you schedular 100% SC???

Since you are still working there is no need to apply for SSDI, you are 'NOT" TDIU, check out the combined rating chart. Your disabilities add up to 95% which will cause VA to pay you at the 100% rating.

Your right Pete of course!! I think the poster had us all (or at least me confused).

Any enjoy your award!