VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back And Forth

Rate this question

Quibley

Question

To make a long story short, I've found out that my three claims: PTSD, TBI and TDIU were all sent to the rating board, rated, and sent to authorization. At Authorization they were sent back to the rater. On 29 June I was returned to development and my c-file was sent to my local VAMC for an opinion.

I have an IMO with a diagnosis of PTSD to include depression, and GAD, as a result of in-service physical assault, The Doctor who conducted my TBI C&P diagnosis stated that my TBI was caused by head trauma as a result of an in-service personal assault. He also stated that I suffered from PTSD, depression, and a few others things. The Doctor who did my PTSD C&P is a former colleague of the Doctor who did my IMO and she gave me a diagnosis of PTSD to include depression, and GAD and she stated that it is at least likely as not that my PTSD, depression and GAD are a result of in-service personal assault and harrasment.

I"m in weird situation. I pulled the cart before the horse. When I first filed my claim for PTSD, I was not eligible for treatment within the VA healthcare system. In January, I was rated at 10% for tinnitus and was enrolled into the VA healthcare system. At that time, I began receiving mental health treatment at the VAMC and have an assigned Psychiatrist. Although I"m not certain, and I"m sure it doesn't shock anyone who knows the VA system, he gave me a diagnosis of GAD, depression, adjustment disorder and borderline personality disorder. I don't dispute the diagnosis but I certainly believe that my conditions is also symptomatic of PTSD and do did two Ph.D's and a clinical social worker at the Vet center who first identified me and gave me a PTSD assesement which got the ball started. My newest and latest GAF is 35. I had some stuff happen recently and I'm homeless again.

I don't want to make anyone offended with my language but I think I'm about to get royally *ucked by the VA.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks as always,

Quibley

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Many of us are in a similar boat. We see our claims cases bounced back and forth for no obvious reason at all. My case was in ratings, went back to development for a couple of hours, then back to ratings. Sometimes the raters need more information and kick it back. Even if your case goes to authorization, it still may not mean much. Your VSO might get sent a letter telling what they think, but if something does not check out, it could go all the way back to development and creep its way back through the system again.

VA will only rate you for one mental conditions and everyone you been diagnose with come under Post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd)

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder

You have DX of TBI, GAD and depression. You don't need PTSD to get a 100% rating. The personality disorder may or may not be a factor in your GAF. If the doctors agree that your GAD and depression are service connected you don't need to prove PTSD. PTSD is another kind of anxiety disorder as is GAD. If you have TBI, depresson and GAD that is plenty. Its does point to PTSD, but it is not necessary to chock on that DX. TBI may explain your personality disorders.

I found out today that the reason they kicked it back for an opinion is that the reviewer declared my PTSD C&P exam invalid due to my examiner not having my c -file when she conducted my exam. It seems the VA keeps chopping me off at the knees every chance they get.

Here's the kicker: they aren't going to have me take a new C &P - they are just sending my C-file to a doctor (don't know which one) and asking him or her to write a new opinion. I'm not sure what to say to you guys. I'm just kind of stunned and pissed off. 15 months into the process and they invalidate my C&P for a mistake they made, not me. Comparatively speaking, I don't think the VA likes awarding service connection for non-combat PTSD. Period. I also don't think they like the fact that I had multiple pieces of documentation and two diagnoses.

If they declared my C&P invalid, and they get a new medical opinion from a Dr that I have never seen, I wonder if that is grounds for a CUE.

Oh well, I just wanted to blow off some steam.

Quib

Edited by Quibley

Well for what it's worth, when I logged on to VA eBenefits today, I am out of development and back to the decision phase. Hope to hear something soon.