VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prescribed Seroquel

Rate this topic

I went to the VAMC (Mental Health) and they took me off of Trazodone and put me on Seroquel 400 mg. They left me on the Bupropion though.

Haven't had a good night sleep in forever. Guess that is why the dosage is so high.

Has anyone been prescribed this medication? What do you think about it?

Edited by Fire Courage

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was prescribe Seroquel once, and did not have good results - it is 50% benadryl so helps with sleep (NOT for me). The biggest adverse effect it had on me was that it did not help my moods at all, and my HgbA1C started to rise, so they discontinued it.

Not saying it wouldn't work for you, hope it does, but it did not work for me.

• Founder

I've taken Trazodone, had to get off of it. It made very disoriented and half out of it all the time. Never been on Seroquel that I remember. Over the years I have been on a lot of different medications for sleep. This year we changed again, I asked to change because sleep is a major problem for me.

So now I take 1/2 of Remeron and if I am not asleep after an hour I take 1 ambien and 1 xanaax. The Remeron usually does the trick but about once a week I still have to take the ambien and xaanax. I'm ok with that, it is the most wonderful thing to lay down in bed and be able to go to sleep.

I hope you have good luck with Seroquel, but if you don't they can change it to something else.

Thanks for the replies yall. I would've responded yesterday but I've been busy sleeping. :tongue:

2 (400 mg) pills does it for me! Hope it keeps working like this!