VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do You Veterans Wait? Tell Me, What Are You Waiting For?

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have, over the last couple months, heard several of our new (and some not so new) Hadit members make statements such as "We're waiting, and as soon as we get an increase in my disability percentage well, then we're going to file for TDIU."

REALLY?

GEE?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? NO, REALLY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

If you even have the hint of possible success in filing for TDIU, DO NOT WAIT for some other increase, or whatever. JUST FILE your form 21-8940. BECAUSE YOU ARE COSTING YOURSELF MONEY. SERIOUS MONEY!

After all, when you file the proper form, you ARE filing for an increase. If you do NOT file the "proper form" then the VA is not going to "inferr" that you qualify for TDIU.

COME ON FOLKS!

SHEEESH!

I've added up the number of folks on here in the last couple months, plus the folks that I have coming to me OUTSIDE of the HAdit Forum and I've counted 11 people that I remember.

ELEVEN. THAT I KNOW OF.

And, most do not and will not, file for the proper EED.............geeee, just look at all the money you saved the VA. I, for one, am proud of you...................... :blink:

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I applied for an increase for my depression back in Feb of 09. I used the form the VA sends you to write how you believe your disabilities affect your daily activities. Sorry don't know the form number. I mentioned on that form that I had not worked in over nine months. The VA then sent me the TDIU form and suggested that I fill it out. I had never heard of TDIU much less knew to apply for it, and my VSO never once mentioned it. This was about the time I found HADIT and filled out the form per the advice on this site and I was granted IU in Aug 09 going back to Feb of 09. I agree with Larry had I not waited and filed after losing my job I could have had an earlier effective date. I did however, use the advice of this site and appeal the denial of P&T. I just recieved a letter from my VSO saying I was awarded P&T back to Feb 09. I have not received the official letter from VA yet.

/doc

:biggrin:

I was instructed by my DAV rep to not file for TDUI yet. He said that he feels I should wait until I get my awards for conditions as they might warrant 100% P & T. Maybe this is because he has inside knowledge of the regional office he works with and feels that this is the best approach based on previous claims he has worked on. I do not really know to be honest and my claim is currently under reconsideration based on new medical evidence (IMO). Does this sound like the right approach to you guys. Just wandering as he seems to be pretty good at what he does. let me know what you guys think.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was instructed by my DAV rep to not file for TDUI yet. He said that he feels I should wait until I get my awards for conditions as they might warrant 100% P & T. Maybe this is because he has inside knowledge of the regional office he works with and feels that this is the best approach based on previous claims he has worked on. I do not really know to be honest and my claim is currently under reconsideration based on new medical evidence (IMO). Does this sound like the right approach to you guys. Just wandering as he seems to be pretty good at what he does. let me know what you guys think.

Well, not knowing your "conditions" and what you have filed for and what you have documentation for and how long ago you filed and what your Service Medical Records indicate and what you've been treated for and for how long, and how long your DAV rep has been repping vets and what "inside" scoop they have at the VARO...............etc.........

..................then, I have no idea what to think.

I know what I believe.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on the 60% award, '1lonewolf'. Did your DAV NSO file a NOD yet?

Every NSO is different. Some are elitists, some are apathetic, & some truly care and know their job.

I have observed the networking between NSO & VA raters. This is true. You feel comfortable with your NSO, so I'm sure you will wait and see.

Question; Are you drawing the annual clothing allowance?

Good luck, & best wishes for a sucessful outcome,

Cmdr. Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, not knowing your "conditions" and what you have filed for and what you have documentation for and how long ago you filed and what your Service Medical Records indicate and what you've been treated for and for how long, and how long your DAV rep has been repping vets and what "inside" scoop they have at the VARO...............etc.........

..................then, I have no idea what to think.

I know what I believe.

P.S. ~Ditto~

I did not mean to sound like you were wrong, I was truly asking for my own benefit as I get my best advice on here. If you guys think I should send in the forms then I will do so asap. They sent me a request to submit the form but I never said I wanted TDUI in my claim. Now my claim is being reconsidered so I would assume they will request it again or that I will wait for award before I do anything. I was just wandering if you guys thought that what I was instructed to do is a good idea or not as I have been told by several to put in for TDUI now but I am following the advice of my DAV rep. Maybe I should? Sounds like it is more like the rule than the exception. My claim is for ratings on S/C injuries secondary to current S/C injuries. Back, hips, Knees, and feet. Just an inquiry for someone who is relatively new to the process. Thanks for any advice and or suggestions in advance. I really appreciate it.