VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally! Ptsd Presumptive Monday

Rate this question

Brother Gate

Question

I heard the news while riding to the VA to see my doctor this morning. I could not believe it. What we have been fighting for will be realized Monday. No more proving; no more stressors; no more triggers; and no more of the same games. Don't know all that is ahead but this I do know; "We have come a long way baby!"

Thanks to all the brothers and sisters for their emails to their congressman and to the legislators and to the VA demanding our rights and benefits for the service we have paid for with blood sweat and tears. This time it is tears of joy. Let us all celebrate. It is just a beginning but this time we win!!!!!

http://www.vva.org/

Peace and love,

Brother Gate

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I heard the news while riding to the VA to see my doctor this morning. I could not believe it. What we have been fighting for will be realized Monday. No more proving; no more stressors; no more triggers; and no more of the same games. Don't know all that is ahead but this I do know; "We have come a long way baby!"

Thanks to all the brothers and sisters for their emails to their congressman and to the legislators and to the VA demanding our rights and benefits for the service we have paid for with blood sweat and tears. This time it is tears of joy. Let us all celebrate. It is just a beginning but this time we win!!!!!

http://www.vva.org/

Peace and love,

Brother Gate

It may upset some, but I see it as an easy way for people to commit fraud and win benefits they did not earn. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this ruling.

JMO,

Bergie

At this point, it really does not matter what you or I feel. The law is the law. We dealt with a law of inequity for years that was biased to deny the rightful veterans of their benefits. I don't share the burden of those who cheat but only the justified. For all of the veterans who have been denied unjustly, there was no recourse except through the courts. The burden of proof was always beared by the veteran. Now the table is turned. The VA is now faced with the truth of denial. I would be mindful not to throw the baby out with the wash.

Peace and continual love,

It may upset some, but I see it as an easy way for people to commit fraud and win benefits they did not earn. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this ruling.

JMO,

Bergie

Bergie,

I agree with you. I am going through the process now and even though I hope for a positive outcome, I support doing the right thing. We all know there are a ton of people out there who are abusing the system which I believe adversely affects honest veterans with valid claims. Now apparently you can be on Camp Victory sipping a Latte and eating Pizza Hut, then come home and file a claim because you were in a combat zone even though you never left the wire. I think the VA should use their resources and money to improve the process so deserving vets are processed more efficiently.

Humble

JMO,

Bergie

It saddens me to hear you make that statement Bergie. There are tons of brothers and sisters out there that need the new rule assistance because of their DX's of PTSD but were having problems finding someone 40 years ago to help. Or other things that were there but could not find. Of course there are some who will try and game the system. There always is and always will be. Just look at the Banks, BP, your own Congressmen/women etc etc etc. But the ones that need the help the most now get a fair chance to get what you and others get. Peace at last and the chance to start over with a life without fear and hopelessness that has been eating away at them for over 40 years. I say Bravo for this new ruling. JMHO :lol:

Edited by Chu Lai69