VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird C & P Exam

Rate this question

tanker85

Question

I am 60% sc for kidneys and 10% sc for hypertension but they only give me the 60% rating.I had a C & P exam for a stroke.I found it very strange that the person giving the exam informed me right off the bat that she had worked for workers comp claims. She started off questioning me about why I wasn't on SSI that had nothing to do with the C & P exam concerning my stroke.There was also another lady with her that was supposed to be in training to give C& P exam but she was not dressed in a lab coat or have a name tag. I felt very uneasy with the questions they asked because they had nothing to do with my C&P exam or my sc disability or stroke,they were more personal questions about my life.They also questioned my wife about her employment which had nothing to do with my exam.I have had 2 other C&P exams and the doctors did not go off topic of my disabilities.I felt like when I was being questioned about SSI they were hinting that I needed to be out of the VA system.I got the feeling that they were not concerned with the symptons I am still having from my stroke and with my blood pressure that they cannot seem to get under control.She more or less told me that I could be working at Mc donalds as they hire people with disabilities.My question is does a veteran have any rights in a C&P exam and did they go out of the bounderies of the exam by asking these questions and making these comments? I would sure appreciate any help from other veterans.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

tanker85,

Welcome to Hadit.

What was the cause of your stroke ?

My stroke was due to sc hypertension.I keep a daily log of my blood preesure , some of my readings are as high as 220/190. I am on maximum dosage of medication which seems to be not working.

Tanker85,

When my blood pressure was out of control, they finally created a 'cocktail' of different medications that keeps it under control. I currently take Lisinopril 40MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 100MG, Amplodipine Besylate 10MG, Hydrochlorothiazide 25MG, and Prazisin HCL 5MG daily to control blood pressure.

Bonzai,

Cardiology put me on Lisinopril for a while but one of it's possible side effects

(coughing) really exacerbated my asthma/bronchitis.

I had to delete the Lisinopril from my meds.

• Founder

I would venture to guess asking you about SSI is not protocol. Here is a link to compensation and pension exam worksheets it may help http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

I am 60% sc for kidneys and 10% sc for hypertension but they only give me the 60% rating.I had a C & P exam for a stroke.I found it very strange that the person giving the exam informed me right off the bat that she had worked for workers comp claims. She started off questioning me about why I wasn't on SSI that had nothing to do with the C & P exam concerning my stroke.There was also another lady with her that was supposed to be in training to give C& P exam but she was not dressed in a lab coat or have a name tag. I felt very uneasy with the questions they asked because they had nothing to do with my C&P exam or my sc disability or stroke,they were more personal questions about my life.They also questioned my wife about her employment which had nothing to do with my exam.I have had 2 other C&P exams and the doctors did not go off topic of my disabilities.I felt like when I was being questioned about SSI they were hinting that I needed to be out of the VA system.I got the feeling that they were not concerned with the symptons I am still having from my stroke and with my blood pressure that they cannot seem to get under control.She more or less told me that I could be working at Mc donalds as they hire people with disabilities.My question is does a veteran have any rights in a C&P exam and did they go out of the bounderies of the exam by asking these questions and making these comments? I would sure appreciate any help from other veterans.

tanker85, So this is at a QTC examination facility? This does not sound appropriate at all. The questions should have related to your disabilities and in particular those to which you put in for ie the reason to have the C&P exam based on illinesses/diagnosis/medical condition...

It appears someone/or two were not following guidelines concerning your exam, and going out of the box with their lines of questioning. CAn't see the relivancy here from them...check with your VSo and notify that person of your definitive concerns.