VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird C & P Exam

Rate this question

tanker85

Question

I am 60% sc for kidneys and 10% sc for hypertension but they only give me the 60% rating.I had a C & P exam for a stroke.I found it very strange that the person giving the exam informed me right off the bat that she had worked for workers comp claims. She started off questioning me about why I wasn't on SSI that had nothing to do with the C & P exam concerning my stroke.There was also another lady with her that was supposed to be in training to give C& P exam but she was not dressed in a lab coat or have a name tag. I felt very uneasy with the questions they asked because they had nothing to do with my C&P exam or my sc disability or stroke,they were more personal questions about my life.They also questioned my wife about her employment which had nothing to do with my exam.I have had 2 other C&P exams and the doctors did not go off topic of my disabilities.I felt like when I was being questioned about SSI they were hinting that I needed to be out of the VA system.I got the feeling that they were not concerned with the symptons I am still having from my stroke and with my blood pressure that they cannot seem to get under control.She more or less told me that I could be working at Mc donalds as they hire people with disabilities.My question is does a veteran have any rights in a C&P exam and did they go out of the bounderies of the exam by asking these questions and making these comments? I would sure appreciate any help from other veterans.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Tanker85,

When my blood pressure was out of control, they finally created a 'cocktail' of different medications that keeps it under control. I currently take Lisinopril 40MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 100MG, Amplodipine Besylate 10MG, Hydrochlorothiazide 25MG, and Prazisin HCL 5MG daily to control blood pressure.

Well the VA has me on Aggrenox 25mg twice a day, Carvedilol 25mg twice a day, Lisinopril40mg twice a day, Omeprazole 20mg one a day, Simvastatin 80mg one a day, Isosorbide mononitrate 60mg 3 times a day... And with all the medications its still not controling my blood pressure.

tanker85, So this is at a QTC examination facility? This does not sound appropriate at all. The questions should have related to your disabilities and in particular those to which you put in for ie the reason to have the C&P exam based on illinesses/diagnosis/medical condition...

It appears someone/or two were not following guidelines concerning your exam, and going out of the box with their lines of questioning. CAn't see the relivancy here from them...check with your VSo and notify that person of your definitive concerns.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the VA has me on Aggrenox 25mg twice a day, Carvedilol 25mg twice a day, Lisinopril40mg twice a day, Omeprazole 20mg one a day, Simvastatin 80mg one a day, Isosorbide mononitrate 60mg 3 times a day... And with all the medications its still not controling my blood pressure.

...........uh, yeah, like McDonalds would just LOVE to have you working for them! You know, people that make comments like that, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a real, live, veteran. And, besides, working for McDonalds is NOT a "low-pressure" job that can be done by anyone in any kind of physical or mental condition, the work at McDonalds is stressful, demanding, and very tiring, and anyone that thinks differently should put in a couple weeks of making sure that everybody gets everything they ordered, in the same sack, in less than 60 seconds (that's the goal, ya know, in the drive-thru)! And, you are TIMED by management! And all this for minimum wage.........WOW!

There are people that are very hurtful that should not be doing the job that they are doing. I wonder where these two people came from, for it does not sound like a "typical" exam. You need to get a copy of this C&P exam, pronto.

Find out WHO was doing the exam and what the exam says. Then you'll know what the real skinny is. And, as for the "other" person in the room, you need to find out who they were, what their position was and what their qualifications for being there were (they coulda been the examiner's sister-in-law for all that you know).

I had a colonoscopy about a year ago............and the anestis...oh, you know, the "gas passer"......got really "in my face". I'm lying on this table and this guy is supposed to be simply making me go to sleep. Instead he's asking me why I'm disabled, how did I become disabled, you don't LOOK disabled, how did you get the Social Security people convinced that you can't work, how did I talk the VA into "giving" me money...........to which I replied "Get the hell out of this room before I get up off this table and clean the floor with you. You do not know why I'm disabled simply because it does not show........my "mental" condition......you know, doc, the one that makes me violent when I get pissed..........."! They found another "gas passer" for my procedure, and I promised HIM that if I ran into this other SOB in the hallways on my way out.........................

Aholes!

tanker85, So this is at a QTC examination facility? This does not sound appropriate at all. The questions should have related to your disabilities and in particular those to which you put in for ie the reason to have the C&P exam based on illinesses/diagnosis/medical condition...

It appears someone/or two were not following guidelines concerning your exam, and going out of the box with their lines of questioning. CAn't see the relivancy here from them...check with your VSo and notify that person of your definitive concerns.

The exam was done at a VA hospital.I know that one of the ladies giving the exam worked for the hospital as she was wearing a VA name tag and uniform, the other lady was in well dreesed civilian clothes with no name tag.The way she was dressed struck me as she was more an executive type.My C&P exam was for my stroke associated with hypertension which is sc.I was not there for questions about SSI or being told that I could go get a job at McDonalds flipping burgers. My left side of my body is very weak, I have spells that my left hand locks up, I have migrane headaches, I get floaters in my eyes. I took time out of my life to serve my country and was proud to do that but I never thought I would turn to my country for help and be talked to like I was nothing but a piece of manure and made to feel intimadated, hopeless and ashamed.I left there that day feeling like the VA is trying to push me out of the system.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would ask my PCP for an opinion and ask for any tests that indicate hbp. You might also get an IMO to rebutt this absurd C&P exam. The VA has hit a new low with this exam. I had a heart exam done by a PA and a PA trainee. It was just as awful. The PA did not follow the schedule for the exam at all. I got tests via my PCP that proved my claim. Get as much medical evidence as you can to submit to the VARO to show your true condition.

I would venture to guess asking you about SSI is not protocol. Here is a link to compensation and pension exam worksheets it may help http://www.vba.va.go...exams/index.htm

This was not about SSI ,this exam was for stroke associated with hypertension sc.I would like to thank you for your help and the information you provided for me.