VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase Denied

Rate this question

usmcfigdaddy

Question

I filed my claim in 02/09 for PTSD and tinitis .I think in 9/09 I was awarded 50% PTSD and no mention of tinitus .Took hearing test in 10/09 denied tinitus .I have 2 PH from Nam and one was a head wound??VSO with MOPH said file NOD for increase on PTSD and tinitus.Filed in 01/10..Received denial 07/08/10 with no mention on tinitus issue.Letter from VA enclosed an VA form 9 and instructions.Contacted MOPH on advice..Says she is real busy..Has opening for an appointment in couple of weeks.Wants me to come see her.I live 85 miles away 170 round trip.Unemployed for over a year..Having lots of trouble with moods.Please advise...---...

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

usmc,

This is only my opinion.

Being that you are already SC'd for PTSD, your stressor's to RVN have already been established.

In regards to a claim for an increase in percentage evaluation of your PTSD, RVN is no longer

an issue.

If you feel your PTSD has increased, it is no longer necessary to discuss your experience's

while you were in RVN - (unless you want to and it may help you acquire better daily coping skills).

How your PTSD (and other) symptoms (shown by medical evidence) impact your life today

are the factors used to determine the current percentage level of disability.

I tried to read your attachments but could only access one of them.

What was stated in the Reasons and Bases regarding Tinnitus ?

jmho

carlie..I'm sorry I deleted that info already..There is no mention of the tinnitus claim in the paper work from the VA.I have scheduled a meeting with my VSO at MOPH tomorrow.I have requested a copy from her of all material sent to the VA from her office on my case.I was denied tinnitus earlier and we file a NOD for the PTSD and Tinnitus,however it was not mentioned in the last information from the VA.That is why I want to see if it was filed by VSO..Funny thing about that damn tinnitus is I still have the ringinGGGGGGGGGG in my ears.I'm not sure how they can tell me that I don't...Cause and effect then and now thanks ...good idea..SEMPER FI

carlie,i thank you are a great moderator and i no you have helped a lot of veterans get there do process and you are right about usmc stressor have been vertified by his purple hearts,so that is a moot point,but to get a increase in ratings for ptsd, if he don,t tell the va examiner about his traumatic experiences in vietnam and how it effect him daily in all parts of life,he will not get a higher rating.For a combat veteran to get a higher rating,the only thing va look at is what happen to him in vietnam,that cause his ptsd to elevate.For instant if something happen in his family (someone get killed of injured)and he tell va that's the reason his ptsd worsten,va will used that against him.Quote VA is is only concerned about his combat experiences and how and again how it effect him daily .I no you said that was only your opinion and i no you are appreciate on this site like i said before you help a lot of vetarans.Keep your good work up

mobie16r

Carlie is correct.

If stressors were the criteria for awards my husband (USMC Vietnam IstMarDIV 65-66) would have broken the VA compensation bank.

Once the PTSD is established and rated then higher ratings are determined by the Schedule of Ratings for PTSD here at hadit.

I mentioned it here so many times -many probably are tired of reading this but my husband went from 30 % PTSD to 100% SC P & T with extensive documented medical evidence as well as significant other evidence as to how PTSD affected his employment situations.

The Schedule of PTSD ratings is what controls the rating and how your medical evidence (or other documentation) shows you fit into higher criteria for higher rating.

Mobie you too are correct in that he must tell the shrink how the PTSD affects him employment-wise, socially and in his closest relationships...how PTSD affects him now.

You are right about that berta,i understand what you are saying,i had 17 stressor and was rated 30% been when i submitted new medical evidence showing how vietnam effected all phase of my life i was award 100% seven months later,and it its effecting me right now and i am trying to give all the help i can,because ptsd is a ------ ------

mobie16r

I counted the dashes there :rolleyes:

Yes it IS a ------ ------!

ASK MY WIFE? (LOL) I am praying for you berta, sorry for your lost and also usmc to get what you are due.

mobie16r