VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Was Today

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I went to my Neuro C&P, (Neurology). It sucked..

I went to the VA Mission Vally office..

I got here one hour early.

Went through the armed Xrays to enter.. went upstairs, I went into one line , I wanted to ask about getting another copy of some service records..

I stood in line,, I was the only person in that line... I stood there for 20 minutes suffering in pain.. they looked at me.. but never asked me to move to the counter, just blew me off ,, I moved to another line to another desk for the medical appoinemnt exams, and cheked in,, I went back to the first line.. then there were five people in front of me. I waited and waited, in agony.. I asked them if I could fil out paperwork in the Mission Valley office for service records..

( must have given out my last copy to my VSO, and I want some new copies..)

They told em to fil out a form,, but told me to go to table, even though I onlyu had to sign in and write my SS#. I said fine, so, I went to a table, and was shaking so bad in pain I could not write legibly.. they never even asked to help..

when I signed my named I had to get back in line behind five people again..

I was finally at the front and I stood there for five minutes to hand them the paper I signed..

They said something and I moved forward. they they ignored me and I asked if they called me, they refused to answer..

I went back to the red line.. a few minutes later they waved me forward..

They really really eed an attitude adjustment, they are so damned rude!

I saw the doctor for my neuro, and this doctor acted like I was a liar, someone who was there trying to steal something..

He said I looked fine to him sitting in the chair.. and I said if he would exam me he would find I had problems..:huh:

He said why do you need a cane if you only had back surgery..

why would I need a cane if I had pancreas surgery, (implying I did not need a cane..)

until he gave me some tests,,, as I shook and trembled, and several times I fell over and grabbed the desk after he made me put my cane down and told me to walk around the room.

I told him about having to spend one year in a wheel chair and not able to walk..

I have to say I was humilatied, insulted, treated badly.. and treated like I was a criminal..

The VA Mission valley office is miserable..

All of the other VA clinics and the hospital are pleasant, and very, very nice people, great atmosphere, friendly..

There was a few nice people, but not may...

One clerk that I went to to get the acess paperwok for the VA myhealthnet website was good to me.. and a few others..

But, event he gaurds at the front of the building that man the xray and search were less than nice, it wa slike the DMV.. it was like everyone was bad and had to be put in the place before they could enter..

I wass trying to look at the glass display cases with items on display from several wars,

all of a sudden I hear gurads voices telling me I had to move to the other side of the room because that was not an exit..

They really have a god complex in their guard uniforms.. the main VA and the othe rclinics would never treat anyone as badly as they are at this Clinic..

I have never gone to a website to say bad things about any VA clinic before but this place really sucked..

I stil have one more C&P exam ther next week..

I probably should not even say anything here, esecially while my claim is in appeal.. as while I go through this process they might retaliate and deny me just because I said this stuff, but I was sick, and treated badly.. the droids at the Benefits help desk were so rude, indiffrent, and had such a crappy attitude...

we are like cattle being moved through with a cattle prod..

anyone else ever visit there? feel free to let me know.. how they feel about this clinic..

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

As soon as I walked in a sat down, the doctor said how are you, I said I wish I was still at home in bed. Being sick I wasn't lying..

he looked and said 'so do I' sarcastically..

I knew then he had not read my records and thought I was there to scam them..

he also said how am I doing. I said I am a mess.. he says, I can't write that down.. and I said I know you can't ... I don't even know where to start..

I bet he feld like an ass when he found out how bad in condition I am..

if/when he does read my records he will need a week to just scan them,, and use a computer to search key words, he will need a doctor while banging his head on the wall..

it's an assembly line.. they have the instructions and we are the cattle, being moved in one end and out the other..

you can't rehearse... you don't have a copy of the rules.. and if you are sick and in pain, the last thing you want to do it play games..

best thing to do is tell them you are sick, are in pain, don't feel well..

let them run whatever tests they have..

a problem with tests is that some days you feel better than other days,,

nothing you can do,, you have no clue how well the test is going..

I used to break down weeping, especially while in the hospital, but I cannot cry at any time. my stupid body breaks down at a time of it's own choosing.

I wish I was more voacal, I find it very hard to talk and explain things when I I am having a bad day... (or worse day..)

I know they cannot read my mind, but I just can't seem to get my thoughts out and coherently when I am having a really bad day..

well, stumbing around when being told to walk on toes, walk on your heels, and falling over while shaking uncontrollably..

him asking how long have I had these problems, and telling him for 30 years.. and telling him I was treated for tremors while in the service on active duty and I think he already knew I was rated at 50% for chemical exposure.. I hope he already knew that..

I worked with Jet fuel and got very sick sick..)

The building is modern and nice.. but gald I don't have to go there often.. I usually go to the VA hospital, and the Oceanside (brand new) clinic.. (was Vista).

on this coming friday I have another C&P examp, (i think) its a general doctor,,

44 - Sorry you felt disrespected at this clinic. Sounds as ghetto as the San Francisco VA when I went in 2006.

I hope things proceed well with your claim and that you find some relief.

Thank you for your service.

Edited by retiredat44

what a nightmare... gave me the chills just reading this...

I hope things improve for you.

Geo

Retired,

I know that my statements do not take away the pain of you experience.

Be assured that many of the people on this site have gone throught these horrible examinations.

To me what makes hadit.com a great site is the fact that the people here are a diverse group with a common problem.

I am so sorry that you were treated badly.

I don't even know you personally, but I identify with you to the letter.

Your C&P sounds like my C&P. It was terrible.

Sincerely,

Vet4life