VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Health Care For Non Sc Conditions

Rate this topic

Hey Vets,

I thought I had this clear but I read something that makes me unsure. I was 60% SC and then granted TDIU Which of course is 100%.

I also know that I'm in category 1 for VA benefits. My question is can I now get care from the VA for non service connection health issues and perscriptions for non SC conditions with no co-pay?

Any answers will be appreciated,

Blackbird

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I am at 60% and get all my care and all my medicines copay-free. I believe that kicked in at 50%. Congratulations.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get almost anything you want from the VA & pay nothing. Your PCP is normally the best way to get referred to the other doctors. Only thing I couldn't get at 100% was the shoes because I was not Diabetic, but now have the shoes so can't think of anything that I can't get that they have in the VAMC.

Good luck,

Don

Hey Vets,

I thought I had this clear but I read something that makes me unsure. I was 60% SC and then granted TDIU Which of course is 100%.

I also know that I'm in category 1 for VA benefits. My question is can I now get care from the VA for non service connection health issues and perscriptions for non SC conditions with no co-pay?

Any answers will be appreciated,

Blackbird

BB,

Once a vet is granted 50 percent or higher SC - then the VA will take care of all medical needs

to include prosthetics and RX meds - with no co-pays from the veteran.

Talk with your VAMC PCP about any medical concerns and/or referrals you may need.